Ie7 deploy with customized IEAK package

Johan L

Ie7 deploy with customized IEAK package
Hi!

We are trying to create a IEAK costomized package of IE7 for deploument via
SMS.

The problem is that the installation reboots the computer after the
installation is finished, no matter what command line and settings in IEAK we
use.

What we wat to have is a IEAK costomized installation package with a
progress bar and a restart dialogue box at the end.

--
// Regards Johan

Linköping / Sweden
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Ie7 deploy with customized IEAK package
(cross-post added to IEAK)
"Johan L" <johan_relacom@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:C116CB10-5C6F-48E9-B4D6-9DC5DC6F536C@microsoft.com...
> Hi!
>
> We are trying to create a IEAK costomized package of IE7 for deploument via
> SMS.
>
> The problem is that the installation reboots the computer after the
> installation is finished, no matter what command line and settings in IEAK we
> use.

Is there a log? Verbose mode? Additionally you could use ProcMon
to supplement whatever diagnostics you do get.

BTW it seems that anybody who knows anything about IEAK never
stays around to help. However, sometimes MSFT take a look in the
IEAK NG so I'll cross-post this thread there too. Another alternative
I suspect would be to find a TechNet forum where admins hang out.
E.g. there is probably more knowledge available from SMS groups
than you can find here in either of these newsgroups.

> What we wat to have is a IEAK costomized installation package with a
> progress bar and a restart dialogue box at the end.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Johan L

Re: Ie7 deploy with customized IEAK package
Thank you for the response!

We finally got it working now (i hope)

The only thing we did was to change the msi syntax. No changes in the IEAK
package.

Old syntax : msiexec.exe /qb /i "IESetup.msi" /norestart

New (working...) syntax : msiexec.exe /package IESetup.msi" /QB+
REBOOT=Reallysupress ( With this syntax we dont get the forced reboot. )

Regards Johan

Linköping / Sweden