IE 7, XP Repair and SP3

davdun75

IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
Running XP Home with SP3 (originally XP with built-in SP2). Had to run repair
on XP installation using XP with SP2 CD. Now IE 6 not working, upgraded to IE
7, still takes forever to load. Reloaded SP3, reloaded IE7 (again) and still
no progress. Safari and Firefox work fine. Would like IE 7 back. Do not have
luxury of Sys Restore since repair... F8 >> Most Recent Settings... still no
help. Next?

Re: IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
If you been running IE7 before you did the Repair Install and you did not
uninstall IE7 before doing the Repair Install, your best bet now would be to
format and do a clean install.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

davdun75 wrote:
> Running XP Home with SP3 (originally XP with built-in SP2). Had to run
> repair on XP installation using XP with SP2 CD. Now IE 6 not working,
> upgraded to IE 7, still takes forever to load. Reloaded SP3, reloaded IE7
> (again) and still no progress. Safari and Firefox work fine. Would like IE
> 7 back. Do not have luxury of Sys Restore since repair... F8 >> Most
> Recent
> Settings... still no help. Next?

davdun75

Re: IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
Aiy! Any other options??

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If you been running IE7 before you did the Repair Install and you did not
> uninstall IE7 before doing the Repair Install, your best bet now would be to
> format and do a clean install.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> davdun75 wrote:
> > Running XP Home with SP3 (originally XP with built-in SP2). Had to run
> > repair on XP installation using XP with SP2 CD. Now IE 6 not working,
> > upgraded to IE 7, still takes forever to load. Reloaded SP3, reloaded IE7
> > (again) and still no progress. Safari and Firefox work fine. Would like IE
> > 7 back. Do not have luxury of Sys Restore since repair... F8 >> Most
> > Recent
> > Settings... still no help. Next?

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
davdun75 wrote:

> Aiy! Any other options??

No.
As my colleague Robear Dyer said:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964/en-us
"How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7
is installed".

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you been running IE7 before you did the Repair Install and you did not
>> uninstall IE7 before doing the Repair Install, your best bet now would
>> be to format and do a clean install.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> davdun75 wrote:
>>> Running XP Home with SP3 (originally XP with built-in SP2). Had to run
>>> repair on XP installation using XP with SP2 CD. Now IE 6 not working,
>>> upgraded to IE 7, still takes forever to load. Reloaded SP3, reloaded
>>> IE7 (again) and still no progress. Safari and Firefox work fine. Would
>>> like IE 7 back. Do not have luxury of Sys Restore since repair... F8 >>
>>> Most Recent
>>> Settings... still no help. Next?

davdun75

Re: IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
Thanks for the replies... have followed the link, may try some things... may
just clean install : (

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> davdun75 wrote:
>
> > Aiy! Any other options??

> No.
> As my colleague Robear Dyer said:
> "How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7
> is installed".
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/
>
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> If you been running IE7 before you did the Repair Install and you did not
> >> uninstall IE7 before doing the Repair Install, your best bet now would
> >> be to format and do a clean install.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
Nope.

See this more recent & related post of mine in another thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6988ebce?hl=en

You'll see that you've got company.

davdun75 wrote:
> Aiy! Any other options??
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you been running IE7 before you did the Repair Install and you did not
>> uninstall IE7 before doing the Repair Install, your best bet now would be
>> to format and do a clean install.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> davdun75 wrote:
>>> Running XP Home with SP3 (originally XP with built-in SP2). Had to run
>>> repair on XP installation using XP with SP2 CD. Now IE 6 not working,
>>> upgraded to IE 7, still takes forever to load. Reloaded SP3, reloaded
>>> IE7
>>> (again) and still no progress. Safari and Firefox work fine. Would like
>>> IE
>>> 7 back. Do not have luxury of Sys Restore since repair... F8 >> Most
>>> Recent
>>> Settings... still no help. Next?

Ricky

RE: IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
Hi, I saw in :All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Internet Explorer(no
add-ons). So i clicked on it and it worked. I then immediately took all
add-ons off my computer that were asociated with IE7 and it seemed to do the
trick, without having to reload Windows.

"davdun75" wrote:

> Running XP Home with SP3 (originally XP with built-in SP2). Had to run repair
> on XP installation using XP with SP2 CD. Now IE 6 not working, upgraded to IE
> 7, still takes forever to load. Reloaded SP3, reloaded IE7 (again) and still
> no progress. Safari and Firefox work fine. Would like IE 7 back. Do not have
> luxury of Sys Restore since repair... F8 >> Most Recent Settings... still no
> help. Next?

davdun75

RE: IE 7, XP Repair and SP3
What happened when you enabled the add-ons again...?