internet explorer problem

2751

internet explorer problem
everytime I try to close a window when I am online I receive thie
message"Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." I
am then kick off the internet. It happens even when my son is on a sight
like club penguin. I send the error reports it requests - but it has been
going on for about a month - What gives? How does this get corrected -
Norton and AVG and Spybot have not found any virus. How does it get fixed??
Leonard Grey

Re: internet explorer problem
Were you going to tell us what versions of Internet Explorer and Windows
you have?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

2751 wrote:
> everytime I try to close a window when I am online I receive thie
> message"Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." I
> am then kick off the internet. It happens even when my son is on a sight
> like club penguin. I send the error reports it requests - but it has been
> going on for about a month - What gives? How does this get corrected -
> Norton and AVG and Spybot have not found any virus. How does it get fixed??

md

Re: internet explorer problem
Try disabling Flash Player and see if that helps. From IE, choose
Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable or Disable Add-ons and highlight
Shockwave
Flash Object and choose Disable. Close IE and see if the problem goes
away. Please share results if you don't mind -- curious if it works.
2751

Re: internet explorer problem
Thanks for the response - but no it did not work. I am running IE7 & MSXP -
any other ideas?

"md" wrote:

> Try disabling Flash Player and see if that helps. From IE, choose
> Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable or Disable Add-ons and highlight
> Shockwave
> Flash Object and choose Disable. Close IE and see if the problem goes
> away. Please share results if you don't mind -- curious if it works.

md

Re: internet explorer problem
When you say it didn't work, what do you mean? Do you still get an
error when you close Internet Explorer?
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"2751" <2751@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> everytime I try to close a window when I am online I receive thie
> message"Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close."
> am then kick off the internet. It happens even when my son is on a sight
> like club penguin. I send the error reports it requests - but it has been
> going on for about a month - What gives? How does this get corrected -
> Norton and AVG and Spybot have not found any virus. How does it get
> fixed??

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites. (You haven't done a thorough check..)
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email