Re: Can't download IE8.0 Beta

[X-post to IE General]

I'd very much doubt IE7 itself is causing the problems, Bob. In any event,
upgrading to IE8 Beta 2 isn't likely to resolve any of them. Are you
running Vista or Vista SP1 currently?

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Boblink wrote:
> Hi guys, I have found IE7.0 to be just about useless with my Vista Home
> Premium system so I have been using Mozilla (without any of the problems,
> slow, crashes,.... that I have experienced with IE70) so I thought that I
> would download the Beta version of IE8.0 but am unable to start the
> download. Are there any problems with IE8.0? Can someone please post a
> know link where IE8.0 Beta is available? Thanks, Bob

Boblink

Can't download IE8.0 Beta
Hi Bear, you helped out with a similar IE7.0 problem about a month ago and in
the interim, I got a new system (Lenovo exchanged my system to resolve a
Recovery issue) so I am now working with a FRESH system but still have
problems with IE70. In any event, I was going through the steps you outlined,
and verified that I AM signed in with Admin privileges but when I checked
error message reporting to MS, I was UNABLE to open wercon.exe. I tried ever
possible way, Open as Administrator, I traced it to the file location and
couldn't open it,...... and this is a NEW computer that I have had for 2 days
so I haven't made any changes to cause disruption but IE7.0 takes "forever"
to open and abruptly shuts down (if I have 3 separate IE sessions open and
one of the locks, ALL 3 sessions end when I click end session). And as it
was with my previous (Lenovo) system, I have NO problems with Mozilla ONLY
with IE. I would like to just uninstall IE but you've already told me that MS
does not allow that so I would appreciate your help to make it at least
bearable (no pun on words intended).
Thanks Bear

Re: Can't download IE8.0 Beta
Bob, I've already replied to the post you made in IE Beta newsgroup earlier
today (16 Nov-08). I crossposted my reply to IE Beta and IE General
newsgroups.

See
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...3-a0d3d782eb6b

or via Google Groups (IE General) =>
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ed1d2cca?hl=en
--
~PA Bear

Boblink wrote:
> Hi Bear, you helped out with a similar IE7.0 problem about a month ago and
> in the interim, I got a new system (Lenovo exchanged my system to resolve
> Recovery issue) so I am now working with a FRESH system but still have
> problems with IE70. In any event, I was going through the steps you
> outlined, and verified that I AM signed in with Admin privileges but when
> checked error message reporting to MS, I was UNABLE to open wercon.exe. I
> tried ever possible way, Open as Administrator, I traced it to the file
> location and couldn't open it,...... and this is a NEW computer that I
> have
> had for 2 days so I haven't made any changes to cause disruption but IE7.0
> takes "forever" to open and abruptly shuts down (if I have 3 separate IE
> sessions open and one of the locks, ALL 3 sessions end when I click end
> session). And as it was with my previous (Lenovo) system, I have NO
> problems with Mozilla ONLY with IE. I would like to just uninstall IE but
> you've already told me that MS does not allow that so I would appreciate
> your help to make it at least bearable (no pun on words intended).
> Thanks Bear

Boblink

Can't download IE8.0 Beta
Hello again Bear, to avoid further confusion, let's keep all discussions on
this thread. As i indicated earlier, you helped out with a similar IE7.0
[...]
your help to make it at least bearable (no pun on words intended). Not being
able to open wercon.exe seems VERY odd and I don't know if that means
anything what I do know, is that IE is NOT working properly.
Thanks,
Bob
I don't think that problem/issue that I am having is "deeper" than IE70
since this is a BRAND NEW system with very limited programs / apps installed
yet IE70 is VERY erratic (slow, freezes,....).
Thanks Bear

I AM signed in with Admin privileges but when
checked error message reporting to MS, I was UNABLE to open wercon.exe. I
tried ever possible way, Open as Administrator, I traced it to the file
location and couldn't open it,...... and this is a NEW computer that I
have
had for 2 days so I haven't made any changes to cause disruption but IE7.0
takes "forever" to open and abruptly shuts down (if I have 3 separate IE
> sessions open and one of the locks, ALL 3 sessions end when I click end

session). And as it was with my previous (Lenovo) system, I have NO
problems with Mozilla ONLY with IE. I would like to just uninstall IE but
you've already told me that MS does not allow that so I would appreciate
your help to make it at least bearable (no pun on words intended).
Thanks Bear

For these methods to work, the following things must be true for you:

* You must be logged on to your computer with a user account that is a
computer administrator.
* You must have the error reporting feature in Windows turned on.

* I'm not sure this is true for me, help me verify this.
* Yes, I'm sure that this is true for me, so let's begin.

Re: Can't download IE8.0 Beta
See my reply to your original post, Bob. Reply to it, if need be.

Boblink wrote:
> [...]

> session). And as it was with my previous (Lenovo) system, I have NO
> problems with Mozilla ONLY with IE. I would like to just uninstall IE but
> you've already told me that MS does not allow that so I would appreciate
> your help to make it at least bearable (no pun on words intended).
> Thanks Bear
>>

> For these methods to work, the following things must be true for you:
>
> * You must be logged on to your computer with a user account that is a
> computer administrator.
> * You must have the error reporting feature in Windows turned on.
>
> * I'm not sure this is true for me, help me verify this.
> * Yes, I'm sure that this is true for me, so let's begin.

Boblink

Can't download IE8.0 Beta
See my reply to your original post, Bob. Reply to it, if need be.

We are going around in circles Bear, WHAT original note are your referring to?
Please advise with link or title so we are n the SAME page.
Thanks,
Bob

Re: Can't download IE8.0 Beta
Reply to the second post (my first post) in this thread:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...3-a0d3d782eb6b

Do NOT begin a new thread in any newsgroup.

Do NOT alter the subject of your replies to any threads to avoid confusing
both of us any more than we're already confused. (While it may not happen
for you, altering the subject disassociates your reply from the original
thread on my end and makes your post look like a new thread.)

I can assure you that all the problems you're having are being caused by a
hijackware infection, despite any security applications you may have
installed (e.g., anti-virus; anti-spyware). You're going to need the help
an experienced expert in a forum (e.g., http://aumha.net) to get the machine
cleaned up.

Reinstalling Windows will address all of your problems, at least until
you're unsafe computer habits (or those of another user) put you back in the
same boat.

Even if you could reinstall IE7 in Vista (you can't), doing so would NOT
resolve the problem: IE isn't infected, Windows is.

Thank you for your cooperation.