IE Not Responding

beigevette

IE Not Responding
I am using Windows XP and IE7.
EVERYDAY when I am using the PC, especially, opening email,
my windows "freeze up" and I get the error.......IE Not Responding.
I have to CAD (Control, Alt, Delete) to get out and everything
closes done. I then get the message about sending an error message
to Microsoft. I send an error message every time but I guess they do
NOTHING. I did not have this problem with IE6.
Is it advisable to try to reload IE6?
Is is just time to trash IE and try Firefox?
Hubby is thinking the MAC computer and it's systems might be the way
to go in the new year.
Ideas?
THANKS.

Re: IE Not Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

beigevette wrote:
> I am using Windows XP and IE7.
> EVERYDAY when I am using the PC, especially, opening email,
> my windows "freeze up" and I get the error.......IE Not Responding.
> I have to CAD (Control, Alt, Delete) to get out and everything
> closes done. I then get the message about sending an error message
> to Microsoft. I send an error message every time but I guess they do
> NOTHING. I did not have this problem with IE6.
> Is it advisable to try to reload IE6?
> Is is just time to trash IE and try Firefox?
> Hubby is thinking the MAC computer and it's systems might be the way
> to go in the new year.
> Ideas?
> THANKS.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE Not Responding
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

Before installing IE 7 you need to have carefully followed the
procedures described here:

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install.

If you did not follow these instructions you may have a damaged or
incomplete installation. Uninstall IE 7 (which automatically returns you
to your previous version of Internet Explorer) by following these
directions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

then follow the procedures described above and re-install IE 7. It's
better to download the IE 7 installer directly from Microsoft and
install from your hard disk (rather than going through Windows Update).

Note: If you installed Service Pack 3 after you installed IE 7, you will
have to remove SP 3 before you can remove IE 7.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

beigevette wrote:
> I am using Windows XP and IE7.
> EVERYDAY when I am using the PC, especially, opening email,
> my windows "freeze up" and I get the error.......IE Not Responding.
> I have to CAD (Control, Alt, Delete) to get out and everything
> closes done. I then get the message about sending an error message
> to Microsoft. I send an error message every time but I guess they do
> NOTHING. I did not have this problem with IE6.
> Is it advisable to try to reload IE6?
> Is is just time to trash IE and try Firefox?
> Hubby is thinking the MAC computer and it's systems might be the way
> to go in the new year.
> Ideas?
> THANKS.

md

Re: IE Not Responding
Try disabling Flash Player and see if that helps. From IE, choose
Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable or Disable Add-ons and highlight
Shockwave
Flash Object and choose Disable. Close IE and see if the problem goes
away. Please share results if you don't mind -- curious if it works.