IE hangs after a few minutes

sasfog

IE hangs after a few minutes
I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine for
about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time out. The
page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution is to
close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This seems to
fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes

Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
installing IE8 beta but same problem.

Any one else having this? any ideas.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes
How about telling us what version of Internet Explorer you currently have?

If you're also having a problem with SP 3 ("Using Xp Professional on SP3
used to work fine and now doesn't") please post your question in a
Windows XP newsgroup.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

sasfog wrote:
> I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine for
> about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time out. The
> page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution is to
> close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This seems to
> fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes
>
> Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
> installing IE8 beta but same problem.
>
> Any one else having this? any ideas.

Laurel

RE: IE hangs after a few minutes
This is happening to me too, and it started right after the most recent
Windows Update. I uninstalled that update and the problem seemed to go away.
Then I installed ONLY the "Malicious Software..." part of the Update and the
problem is back.

To tempoarily solve the problem I close IE using control/alt/delete, but all
work is lost that way. If this keeps up I am goig to uninstall that Windows
Update permanently.

"sasfog" wrote:

> I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine for
> about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time out. The
> page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution is to
> close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This seems to
> fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes
>
> Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
> installing IE8 beta but same problem.
>
> Any one else having this? any ideas.

sasfog

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes
thanks for your response.

using ie 8 beta.

sorry for the confusion not having any problems with the operating system, i
was just informing what i was using. all works well apart from ie8 freezing
up all the time

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> How about telling us what version of Internet Explorer you currently have?
>
> If you're also having a problem with SP 3 ("Using Xp Professional on SP3
> used to work fine and now doesn't") please post your question in a
> Windows XP newsgroup.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> sasfog wrote:
> > I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine for
> > about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time out. The
> > page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution is to
> > close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This seems to
> > fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes
> >
> > Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
> > installing IE8 beta but same problem.
> >
> > Any one else having this? any ideas.

md

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes
Try disabling Flash Player and see if that helps. From IE, choose
Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable or Disable Add-ons and highlight
Shockwave
Flash Object and choose Disable. Close IE and see if the problem goes
away. Please share results if you don't mind -- curious if it works.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes
'Beta' means unfinished software released for developer testing.

Unless you're a web or software developer you should uninstall IE 8
beta. This will return you to your pre-existing version of Internet
Explorer. Follow these instructions:

"How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

sasfog wrote:
> thanks for your response.
>
> using ie 8 beta.
>
> sorry for the confusion not having any problems with the operating system, i
> was just informing what i was using. all works well apart from ie8 freezing
> up all the time
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> How about telling us what version of Internet Explorer you currently have?
>>
>> If you're also having a problem with SP 3 ("Using Xp Professional on SP3
>> used to work fine and now doesn't") please post your question in a
>> Windows XP newsgroup.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> sasfog wrote:
>>> I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine for
>>> about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time out. The
>>> page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution is to
>>> close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This seems to
>>> fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes
>>>
>>> Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
>>> installing IE8 beta but same problem.
>>>
>>> Any one else having this? any ideas.

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes
How do you lose work in a browser?...just curious.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Laurel" <Laurel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is happening to me too, and it started right after the most recent
> Windows Update. I uninstalled that update and the problem seemed to go
> away.
> Then I installed ONLY the "Malicious Software..." part of the Update and
> the
> problem is back.
>
> To tempoarily solve the problem I close IE using control/alt/delete, but
> all
> work is lost that way. If this keeps up I am goig to uninstall that
> Windows
> Update permanently.
>

> "sasfog" wrote:
>
>> I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine
>> for
>> about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time out. The
>> page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution is
>> close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This seems
>> fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes
>>
>> Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
>> installing IE8 beta but same problem.
>>
>> Any one else having this? any ideas.

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes
Right pew, wrong church => IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support:
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

sasfog wrote:
> thanks for your response.
>
> using ie 8 beta.
>
> sorry for the confusion not having any problems with the operating system,
> was just informing what i was using. all works well apart from ie8
> freezing
> up all the time
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> How about telling us what version of Internet Explorer you currently
>> have?
>>
>> If you're also having a problem with SP 3 ("Using Xp Professional on SP3
>> used to work fine and now doesn't") please post your question in a
>> Windows XP newsgroup.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> sasfog wrote:
>>> I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine
>>> for about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time
>>> out.
>>> The page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution
>>> is to close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This
>>> seems to fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes
>>>
>>> Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
>>> installing IE8 beta but same problem.
>>>
>>> Any one else having this? any ideas.

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes
PBUAK, usually.

Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> How do you lose work in a browser?...just curious.
>

> "Laurel" <Laurel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> This is happening to me too, and it started right after the most recent
>> Windows Update. I uninstalled that update and the problem seemed to go
>> away.
>> Then I installed ONLY the "Malicious Software..." part of the Update and
>> the
>> problem is back.
>>
>> To tempoarily solve the problem I close IE using control/alt/delete, but
>> all
>> work is lost that way. If this keeps up I am goig to uninstall that
>> Windows
>> Update permanently.
>>

>> "sasfog" wrote:
>>
>>> I have been having this problem for about a week. Everything works fine
>>> for
>>> about 10 mins then it just locks up and hangs, doesn't even time out.
>>> The
>>> page just freezes and the hour glass spins forever. The onl solution is
>>> close ie with the task manager and then restart the computer. This seems
>>> fix it temporarily until it freezes again after a few minutes
>>>
>>> Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
>>> installing IE8 beta but same problem.
>>>
>>> Any one else having this? any ideas.

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE hangs after a few minutes