Right Click - Open in New Tab

darkhorsemare

Right Click - Open in New Tab
Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist in IE
7 yet. Please add it as a Windows update, either optional or whatever.
Until you do, people will not be using Tabs very much because it's cumbersome
to do so while surfing.

I've noticed some serious CPU pin problems when having multiple IE 7 windows
open, that does not happen in Firefox on the same websites with multiple
windows open or in Tabs mode. I can't tell why it's happening, not having a
debugger at hand, but my wild guess would be that IE 7 expects me to use
Tabs, but I'm not because it's inconvenient.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: Right Click - Open in New Tab
That's strange...right-click > 'Open in New Tab' works fine on my copy
of IE 7.

But how does IE 7 affect the pins on a CPU? Does it bend them? Break them?

Wait...this is all a joke, right? You're just yanking our chains, you
funny guy.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

darkhorsemare wrote:
> Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist in IE
> 7 yet. Please add it as a Windows update, either optional or whatever.
> Until you do, people will not be using Tabs very much because it's cumbersome
> to do so while surfing.
>
> I've noticed some serious CPU pin problems when having multiple IE 7 windows
> open, that does not happen in Firefox on the same websites with multiple
> windows open or in Tabs mode. I can't tell why it's happening, not having a
> debugger at hand, but my wild guess would be that IE 7 expects me to use
> Tabs, but I'm not because it's inconvenient.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: Right Click - Open in New Tab
Wonder why he's concerned about "Open in New Tab" not working when it sounds
like he doesn't want to use them anywah.
Dollars to donuts he's using IE6 :-)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> That's strange...right-click > 'Open in New Tab' works fine on my copy of
> IE 7.
>
> But how does IE 7 affect the pins on a CPU? Does it bend them? Break them?
>
> Wait...this is all a joke, right? You're just yanking our chains, you
> funny guy.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> darkhorsemare wrote:
>> Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist
>> in IE 7 yet. Please add it as a Windows update, either optional or
>> whatever. Until you do, people will not be using Tabs very much because
>> it's cumbersome to do so while surfing. I've noticed some serious CPU
>> pin problems when having multiple IE 7 windows open, that does not happen
>> in Firefox on the same websites with multiple windows open or in Tabs
>> mode. I can't tell why it's happening, not having a debugger at hand,
>> but my wild guess would be that IE 7 expects me to use Tabs, but I'm not
>> because it's inconvenient. ----------------
>> "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
>> follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based
>> Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Re: Right Click - Open in New Tab
Pass the screenwipes, please.

> ...Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist in IE 7

> ...IE 7 expects me to use Tabs, but I'm not because it's inconvenient.

<ahem> If Tabbed Browsing isn't enabled, why would you expect to have a
right-click option to open a windows in a new tab?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

darkhorsemare wrote:
> Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist in
> IE 7 yet. Please add it as a Windows update, either optional or whatever.
> Until you do, people will not be using Tabs very much because it's
> cumbersome to do so while surfing.
>
> I've noticed some serious CPU pin problems when having multiple IE 7
> windows
> open, that does not happen in Firefox on the same websites with multiple
> windows open or in Tabs mode. I can't tell why it's happening, not having
> debugger at hand, but my wild guess would be that IE 7 expects me to use
> Tabs, but I'm not because it's inconvenient.

Spender

Re: Right Click - Open in New Tab
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:13:02 -0800, darkhorsemare
<darkhorsemare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist in IE
>7 yet.

Yes it does. Are you using the Google Toolbar? That is known to break the
open in new tab function.

Medico69

RE: Right Click - Open in New Tab
I just reinstalled IE7, due to a hard drive crash, and even with tabbed
browsing checked I don't have it when I right click a link. I used to have
that function but now it is gone. Any help would be greatly received.

"darkhorsemare" wrote:

> Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist in IE
> 7 yet. Please add it as a Windows update, either optional or whatever.
> Until you do, people will not be using Tabs very much because it's cumbersome
> to do so while surfing.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Medico69" <Medico69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just reinstalled IE7, due to a hard drive crash, and even with tabbed
> browsing checked I don't have it when I right click a link. I used to have
> that function but now it is gone. Any help would be greatly received.
>

> "darkhorsemare" wrote:
>
>> Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist
>> in IE
>> 7 yet. Please add it as a Windows update, either optional or whatever.
>> Until you do, people will not be using Tabs very much because it's
>> cumbersome
>> to do so while surfing.

What if you go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools |
Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Re: Right Click - Open in New Tab
It's always best to begin a new thread to avoid confusion.

That being said and assuming WinXP SP2:

1. Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

• Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
Add-ons; or

• Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).

2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?

3. If you uninstall (a) IE7 *exactly* per the link below (which
automatically returns you to IE6), (b) all toolbars and (c) all third-party
Windows Themes (including Window Blinds) and do NOT reinstall IE7, does this
behavior persist?

NB: If it does, do NOT reinstall IE7.

Uninstalling IE7
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[Only use the Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot
uninstall via Add/Remove Programs! It's safe to ignore any "such and such
may not work" warnings. Ignore any references to Vista on the webpage.]

Also see:

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

4. Assuming IE6 does not have these problems (other than opening a link in a
new tab, which will not be available), the follow is required reading IMHO
before reinstalling IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install [Again, ignore any
references to Vista]

I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Or use this Download link:
(Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.)

5a. Do Methods #1 and/or #2 here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
(trust me!)

5b. Now make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
reinstalling IE7 to install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Software Updates category offers Root Certificates update, opt to install it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

Medico69 wrote:
> I just reinstalled IE7, due to a hard drive crash, and even with tabbed
> browsing checked I don't have it when I right click a link. I used to have
> that function but now it is gone. Any help would be greatly received.
>
> "darkhorsemare" wrote:
>> Hi, this functionality: Right Click - Open in New Tab, does not exist
>> in
>> IE 7 yet. Please add it as a Windows update, either optional or
>> whatever.
>> Until you do, people will not be using Tabs very much because it's
>> cumbersome to do so while surfing.

Medico69

Re: Right Click - Open in New Tab
Running WinXP SP3. After downloading and reinstalling IE7 tabbed browsing works. No Google toolbar installed. Problem seems to have been me letting update do the install instead of doing it myself.