Impossible to install IE7

Erwan

Impossible to install IE7
After a Windows problem with a dual boot, i repaired Windows, then i
installed the SP3.
Everything is working fine except i now have IE6, and its absolutely
impossible to install IE7.
I tried every solution in the microsoft support link related to this
problem, but nothing is working.
What else could I do?
thanks
Leonard Grey

Re: Impossible to install IE7
Your problem may be related to your "Windows problem with a dual boot",
but we don't know what that is, nor do we know what you did to "repair"
Windows. And we don't know what "every solution in the microsoft support
link related to this problem" includes or what happens when "nothing is
working."

On a computer that is working properly to start with, these instructions
work:

Before installing IE 7 you need to have carefully followed the
procedures described here:

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install.

If you did not follow these instructions you may have a damaged or
incomplete installation. Uninstall IE 7 (which automatically returns you
to your previous version of Internet Explorer) by following these
directions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

then follow the procedures described above and re-install IE 7. It's
better to download the IE 7 installer directly from Microsoft and
install from your hard disk (rather than going through Windows Update).

Note: If you installed Service Pack 3 after you installed IE 7, you will
have to remove SP 3 before you can remove IE 7.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Erwan wrote:
> After a Windows problem with a dual boot, i repaired Windows, then i
> installed the SP3.
> Everything is working fine except i now have IE6, and its absolutely
> impossible to install IE7.
> I tried every solution in the microsoft support link related to this
> problem, but nothing is working.
> What else could I do?
> thanks

Re: Impossible to install IE7
What dual-boot problem(s) had you encountered?

What Windows version was running in each partition? Did you do a Repair
Install of each Windows version?

Did you uninstall IE7 before doing the Repair Install?

After doing the Repair Install, which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

in the background when you installed IE7 and/or WinXP SP3?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/