Re: IE7 & IE8 Print & .PDF errors

[X-post to IE General]

How is your question related to security, KevBob?

Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 currently?

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
IE-specific newsgroup:
IE Beta-specific newsgroup:

KevBob wrote:
> Both IE7 & IE8 abort when I either try to print a web page or if I try to
> open a .PDF file. (My operating system is the Vista Business version)

KevBob

Re: IE7 & IE8 Print & .PDF errors
I'm sorry - I accidentally put it under security. I've reset IE and the
problem is still there.

The printing problem is:
"An error has occured in the script on this page.
Line: 2281
Char: 1
Error: Object required
Code: 0
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

When I try to bring up a .PDF file I just get a window saying
"Internet Explorer has stopped working"

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [X-post to IE General]
>
> How is your question related to security, KevBob?
>
> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 currently?
>
> In no certain order:
>
> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>
> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
> --
> IE-specific newsgroup:
> IE Beta-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> KevBob wrote:
> > Both IE7 & IE8 abort when I either try to print a web page or if I try to
> > open a .PDF file. (My operating system is the Vista Business version)

Re: IE7 & IE8 Print & .PDF errors
Are you running IE7 or IE8 Beta 2 now?

Did this behavior occur before you installed IE8 Beta 2? Have you used the
Guided Help in http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro ?

Try this: Start | Run | (type in) regsvr32 ole32.dll | OK.

KevBob wrote:
> I'm sorry - I accidentally put it under security. I've reset IE and the
> problem is still there.
>
> The printing problem is:
> "An error has occured in the script on this page.
> Line: 2281
> Char: 1
> Error: Object required
> Code: 0
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"
>
> When I try to bring up a .PDF file I just get a window saying
> "Internet Explorer has stopped working"
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [X-post to IE General]
>>
>> How is your question related to security, KevBob?
>>
>> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 currently?
>>
>> In no certain order:
>>
>> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
>>
>> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
>>
>> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided
>> Help) http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>> --
>> IE-specific newsgroup:
>> IE Beta-specific newsgroup:
>>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> KevBob wrote:
>>> Both IE7 & IE8 abort when I either try to print a web page or if I try
>>> open a .PDF file. (My operating system is the Vista Business version)

KevBob

Re: IE7 & IE8 Print & .PDF errors
I've always had this problem. I'm running IE8 Beta 2 now. I installed it to
see if the problem would go away, but it hasn't.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you running IE7 or IE8 Beta 2 now?
>
> Did this behavior occur before you installed IE8 Beta 2? Have you used the
> Guided Help in http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro ?
>
> Try this: Start | Run | (type in) regsvr32 ole32.dll | OK.
>
> KevBob wrote:
> > I'm sorry - I accidentally put it under security. I've reset IE and the
> > problem is still there.
> >
> > The printing problem is:
> > "An error has occured in the script on this page.
> > Line: 2281
> > Char: 1
> > Error: Object required
> > Code: 0
> > Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"
> >
> > When I try to bring up a .PDF file I just get a window saying
> > "Internet Explorer has stopped working"
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> [X-post to IE General]
> >>
> >> How is your question related to security, KevBob?
> >>
> >> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 currently?
> >>
> >> In no certain order:
> >>
> >> How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215
> >>
> >> How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
> >>
> >> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided
> >> Help) http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
> >> --
> >> IE-specific newsgroup:
> >> IE Beta-specific newsgroup: