IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbed brow

krishna

IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbed brow
In 8-10 hrs of my days work my IE7 is open 90% of the time and when using
multiple tabs, its hanging quite frequently. "Not Responding" is what it
shows and hangs atleast 10 times a day not just when 5-6 tabs are open but
even when 2-3 tabs are open. I've to start the browser afresh and search for
the links i've opened in the history everytime it hangs, which is irritating
.. The tabbed browsing seems to be quite unstable and switching between tabs
is tooo slow unlike MOZILLA FIREFOX which undoubtedly has none of these
problems. I never needed to stop my mozilla browser byforce form the Task
Manager.

Re: IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbed brow
posting to this newsgroup.

Cannot reproduce here.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

krishna wrote:
> In 8-10 hrs of my days work my IE7 is open 90% of the time and when using
> multiple tabs, its hanging quite frequently. "Not Responding" is what it
> shows and hangs atleast 10 times a day not just when 5-6 tabs are open but
> even when 2-3 tabs are open. I've to start the browser afresh and search
> for
> the links i've opened in the history everytime it hangs, which is
> irritating
> . The tabbed browsing seems to be quite unstable and switching between
> tabs
> is tooo slow unlike MOZILLA FIREFOX which undoubtedly has none of these
> problems. I never needed to stop my mozilla browser byforce form the Task
> Manager.

krishna

Re: IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbed
I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2002,
and a system with Intel Pentium 4, 3.20 G.Hz processor & 2GB DDR2 RAM.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Cannot reproduce here.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> krishna wrote:
> > In 8-10 hrs of my days work my IE7 is open 90% of the time and when using
> > multiple tabs, its hanging quite frequently. "Not Responding" is what it
> > shows and hangs atleast 10 times a day not just when 5-6 tabs are open but
> > even when 2-3 tabs are open. I've to start the browser afresh and search
> > for
> > the links i've opened in the history everytime it hangs, which is
> > irritating
> > . The tabbed browsing seems to be quite unstable and switching between
> > tabs
> > is tooo slow unlike MOZILLA FIREFOX which undoubtedly has none of these
> > problems. I never needed to stop my mozilla browser byforce form the Task
> > Manager.

Re: IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbed
=> Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
or

2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

=> Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
~PA Bear

krishna wrote:
> I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack
> 2002,
> and a system with Intel Pentium 4, 3.20 G.Hz processor & 2GB DDR2 RAM.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> Cannot reproduce here.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> krishna wrote:
>>> In 8-10 hrs of my days work my IE7 is open 90% of the time and when
>>> using
>>> multiple tabs, its hanging quite frequently. "Not Responding" is what it
>>> shows and hangs atleast 10 times a day not just when 5-6 tabs are open
>>> but
>>> even when 2-3 tabs are open. I've to start the browser afresh and search
>>> for
>>> the links i've opened in the history everytime it hangs, which is
>>> irritating
>>> . The tabbed browsing seems to be quite unstable and switching between
>>> tabs
>>> is tooo slow unlike MOZILLA FIREFOX which undoubtedly has none of these
>>> problems. I never needed to stop my mozilla browser byforce form the
>>> Task
>>> Manager.

sasfog

Re: IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbed
I am having exactly the same problem and have been for about a week even with
only 1 tab open, works fine for about 10 mins then it just locks up and
hangs, doesn't even time out.

Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
installing IE8 beta but same problem.

Any one else having this? any ideas.

"krishna" wrote:

> I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2002,
> and a system with Intel Pentium 4, 3.20 G.Hz processor & 2GB DDR2 RAM.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> > posting to this newsgroup.
> >
> > Cannot reproduce here.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > krishna wrote:
> > > In 8-10 hrs of my days work my IE7 is open 90% of the time and when using
> > > multiple tabs, its hanging quite frequently. "Not Responding" is what it
> > > shows and hangs atleast 10 times a day not just when 5-6 tabs are open but
> > > even when 2-3 tabs are open. I've to start the browser afresh and search
> > > for
> > > the links i've opened in the history everytime it hangs, which is
> > > irritating
> > > . The tabbed browsing seems to be quite unstable and switching between
> > > tabs
> > > is tooo slow unlike MOZILLA FIREFOX which undoubtedly has none of these
> > > problems. I never needed to stop my mozilla browser byforce form the Task
> > > Manager.

Re: IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbed
Please begin a new thread about your problem to avoid confusion. Thanks.

sasfog wrote:
> I am having exactly the same problem and have been for about a week even
> with only 1 tab open, works fine for about 10 mins then it just locks up
> and
> hangs, doesn't even time out.
>
> Using Xp Professional on SP3 used to work fine and now doesn't. tried
> installing IE8 beta but same problem.
>
> Any one else having this? any ideas.
>
> "krishna" wrote:
>
>> I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack
>> 2002,
>> and a system with Intel Pentium 4, 3.20 G.Hz processor & 2GB DDR2 RAM.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Cannot reproduce here.
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

md

Re: IE7 "Not Responding" most of the times bec of unstable tabbedbrow
Try disabling Flash Player and see if that helps. From IE, choose
Tools>Manage Add-ons>Enable or Disable Add-ons and highlight Shockwave
Flash Object and choose Disable. Close IE and see if the problem goes
away.