How to delete exactly 1 URL from the IE browser history URL buffer?

Paul Tander

How to delete exactly 1 URL from the IE browser history URL buffer?
Whenever I enter a new URL into the address line in IntExp then this URL is remembered.

How can I delete exactely 1 certain URL from this list without disabling the history function completely?

Paul

Leonard Grey

Re: How to delete exactly 1 URL from the IE browser history URL buffer?
Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.

Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
latest signatures and run a full scan.

If you don't have comprehensive anti-malware software, that's like
driving a car without seats belts or air bags. Either way, you're
eventually going to get hammered. Install comprehensive anti-malware
software and learn how to use its features. A 'comprehensive' solution
scans for all types of malicious software in the background, on demand
and on schedule.

For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
scanners, such as:
Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and temerc.com -- but not
here. Within a day, sometimes within an hour, you'll have one-on-one
step-by-step advice from a security expert on cleaning up any
infestations—or you'll have a clean bill of health from the volunteer
expert.

Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
show the computer to a professional.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Paul Tander wrote:
> Whenever I enter a new URL into the address line in IntExp then this URL is remembered.
>
> How can I delete exactely 1 certain URL from this list without disabling the history function completely?
>
> Paul

Re: How to delete exactly 1 URL from the IE browser history URL buffer?
Windows version? IE version? Define "remembered." Are you typing the URL?
Is Autocomplete for web addresses enabled?

Paul Tander wrote:
> Whenever I enter a new URL into the address line in IntExp then this URL
> is
> remembered.
>
> How can I delete exactely 1 certain URL from this list without disabling
> the history function completely?
>
> Paul

CTOS

RE: How to delete exactly 1 URL from the IE browser history URL buffer
"How to Clear Internet Explorer's URL History by Editing the Registry -
wikiHow"
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Internet-Explorer's-URL-History-by-Editing-the-Registry