Internet Explorer 7

upstate NY

Internet Explorer 7
Using Firefox to access internet to look for help with I'net Explorer 7. I
don't like FIrefox, but cannot OPEN I'net Explorer. All that happens is that
the hourglass appears, and then fades away.
I do have internet access, obviously, on Firefox and also Google Chrome.

Can anyone please advise?

Obviously i can download a different version, but then i lose all bookmarks
etc.
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7
Internet Explorer 7 is part of several versions of Windows XP...
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

upstate NY wrote:
> Using Firefox to access internet to look for help with I'net Explorer 7. I
> don't like FIrefox, but cannot OPEN I'net Explorer. All that happens is that
> the hourglass appears, and then fades away.
> I do have internet access, obviously, on Firefox and also Google Chrome.
>
> Can anyone please advise?
>
> Obviously i can download a different version, but then i lose all bookmarks
> etc.

Re: Internet Explorer 7
posting to this newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

upstate NY wrote:
> Using Firefox to access internet to look for help with I'net Explorer 7.
> don't like FIrefox, but cannot OPEN I'net Explorer. All that happens is
> that the hourglass appears, and then fades away.
> I do have internet access, obviously, on Firefox and also Google Chrome.
>
> Can anyone please advise?
>
> Obviously i can download a different version, but then i lose all
> bookmarks
> etc.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Internet Explorer 7
"upstate NY" <upstate NY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Firefox to access internet to look for help with I'net Explorer 7.
> don't like FIrefox, but cannot OPEN I'net Explorer. All that happens is
> that
> the hourglass appears, and then fades away.
> I do have internet access, obviously, on Firefox and also Google Chrome.
>
> Can anyone please advise?
>
> Obviously i can download a different version, but then i lose all
> bookmarks
> etc.

What if you go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools |
Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

darkhorsemare

RE: Internet Explorer 7
OK, first of all you'll never lose your bookmarks. Just save your Favorites
folder to a USB drive, a floppy disk or a CD/DVD backup. Your IE 6 or 7
Favorites folder is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[*username*]\Favorites

For Firefox, they're here:
C:\Documents and Settings\[*username*]\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[*djlvg8pu.default*]\bookmarks.html
....much more complicated

....everything in [*star brackets*] is different for each computer

....if you don't have Windows 2000/XP or later, these data locations may not
apply to you. But they will still help you know where to look.

Reduce your stress by backing up your data before you start changing things.

I don't know what's wrong with your IE 7 but I can get you this far.
Hopefully the MVP that replied here will get your IE 7 fixed for you. Good
luck!