Turning ON Links Toolbar

Bill Bradley

Turning ON Links Toolbar
I need to turn ON the Links Toolbar in IE6/7 (especially 7), as our users are
required to use presetup links in it, and, it doesn't come up by default.

Went through the GPO settings and IE7 ADM Template, and, didn't find a way
to do this. What's the secret?

Thanks!

Re: Turning ON Links Toolbar
Try...

ADM files for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Bill Bradley wrote:
> I need to turn ON the Links Toolbar in IE6/7 (especially 7), as our users
> are required to use presetup links in it, and, it doesn't come up by
> default.
>
> Went through the GPO settings and IE7 ADM Template, and, didn't find a way
> to do this. What's the secret?
>
> Thanks!

Bill Bradley

Re: Turning ON Links Toolbar
Yep, using the ADM, but, see nothing to contol this to force it on.

Thanks!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Try...
>
> ADM files for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows:
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Bill Bradley wrote:
> > I need to turn ON the Links Toolbar in IE6/7 (especially 7), as our users
> > are required to use presetup links in it, and, it doesn't come up by
> > default.
> >
> > Went through the GPO settings and IE7 ADM Template, and, didn't find a way
> > to do this. What's the secret?
> >
> > Thanks!

williamtell

Re: Turning ON Links Toolbar
Is there a links folder in favorites, and if yes, are there links in it?
--
WT

"Bill Bradley" wrote:

> Yep, using the ADM, but, see nothing to contol this to force it on.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Try...
> >
> > ADM files for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Bill Bradley wrote:
> > > I need to turn ON the Links Toolbar in IE6/7 (especially 7), as our users
> > > are required to use presetup links in it, and, it doesn't come up by
> > > default.
> > >
> > > Went through the GPO settings and IE7 ADM Template, and, didn't find a way
> > > to do this. What's the secret?
> > >
> > > Thanks!

Bill Bradley

Re: Turning ON Links Toolbar
We have the same URL's added in both Favorites and Links, but, have some
additional ones that are in Links only, and, our users are taught to go
there, first.

Thanks.

"williamtell" wrote:

> Is there a links folder in favorites, and if yes, are there links in it?
> --
> WT
>

> "Bill Bradley" wrote:
>
> > Yep, using the ADM, but, see nothing to contol this to force it on.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Try...
> > >
> > > ADM files for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows:
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
> > > --
> > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Turning ON Links Toolbar
Option 1: You may customize the "default" user profile template and enable
the Links bar so that every *new* user account has the Links bar enabled.

Option 2: Wait for IE8 Final release, as it has a new Group Policy setting
"Turn off Favorites bar"

"This policy setting allows you to manage whether users have access to the
Favorites bar in Internet Explorer.
If you enable this policy setting, the Favorites bar will be turned off.
If you disable this policy setting, the Favorites bar will be turned on.
If you do not configure this policy setting, users will be able to turn on
or turn off the Favorites bar."

To enable the Favorites Bar (formerly "Links"), set "Turn off Favorites bar"
to "Disabled".

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Bill Bradley" <BillBradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have the same URL's added in both Favorites and Links, but, have some
> additional ones that are in Links only, and, our users are taught to go
> there, first.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "williamtell" wrote:
>
>> Is there a links folder in favorites, and if yes, are there links in it?
>> --
>> WT
>>

>> "Bill Bradley" wrote:
>>
>> > Yep, using the ADM, but, see nothing to contol this to force it on.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Bill Bradley

Re: Turning ON Links Toolbar
Not a good solution to "wait for IE8". I take it that there is no way to
force enable this, unless I do some RegHacking, then?

Thanks.