IE7 - unable to open

stylishgolf.com

IE7 - unable to open
Can someone please help me. I have suddenly become unable to open IE when
clicking icons. I can browse using firefox only. Have tried all suggestions
from MS Support webpage, have tried reinstalling and updating IE7 but still
no look. I am on windows XP.

When attempting to open it up comes up with

C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore.exe

"The application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application support team"

Also what is Silverlight?? Tried installing that as well.

Any help appreciated.....

Re: IE7 - unable to open
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

stylishgolf.com wrote:
> Can someone please help me. I have suddenly become unable to open IE when
> clicking icons. I can browse using firefox only. Have tried all
> suggestions from MS Support webpage, have tried reinstalling and updating
> IE7 but still no look. I am on windows XP.
>
> When attempting to open it up comes up with
>
> C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore.exe
>
> "The application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
> Please contact the application support team"
>
> Also what is Silverlight?? Tried installing that as well.
>
> Any help appreciated.....

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 - unable to open
Do you always install programs you don't understand?

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

stylishgolf.com wrote:
> Can someone please help me. I have suddenly become unable to open IE when
> clicking icons. I can browse using firefox only. Have tried all suggestions
> from MS Support webpage, have tried reinstalling and updating IE7 but still
> no look. I am on windows XP.
>
> When attempting to open it up comes up with
>
> C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore.exe
>
> "The application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
> Please contact the application support team"
>
> Also what is Silverlight?? Tried installing that as well.
>
> Any help appreciated.....

stylishgolf.com

Re: IE7 - unable to open
Leonard you are a star! It has opened in no add ons mode. So is there a way
of finding out which add on is the problem and getting rid of that problem?

I install programs from the MS site that MS suggest I install

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Do you always install programs you don't understand?
>
> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
> viruses or other malicious software.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> stylishgolf.com wrote:
> > Can someone please help me. I have suddenly become unable to open IE when
> > clicking icons. I can browse using firefox only. Have tried all suggestions
> > from MS Support webpage, have tried reinstalling and updating IE7 but still
> > no look. I am on windows XP.
> >
> > When attempting to open it up comes up with
> >
> > C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore.exe
> >
> > "The application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
> > Please contact the application support team"
> >
> > Also what is Silverlight?? Tried installing that as well.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.....

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 - unable to open
Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the
problem:

1- Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs tab > 'Manage add-ons'
button > 'Manage Add-ons' window.

2- In the Show box, select 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet
Explorer' to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer. For
each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable under
Settings. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

3- Start Internet Explorer 7. Go to Tools > point to Manage Add-ons >
click Enable or Disable Add-ons. Now enable a single add-on, then exit
and restart Internet Explorer 7 to see if it works properly. Repeat
until you determine which add-on causes the problem to occur.

Once you've located the troublemaking add-on(s) ask the vendor's
technical support for help.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est