IE7 display of Favorites

Paul Pettigrew

IE7 display of Favorites
When I open IE7, the panel on the laft-hand side which normally displays my
Favorites is completely blank. If I click on RSS Feeds, I get those that I
have subscribed to displayed OK.

I get around this problem by using a Favorites folder and selecting HotMail
or whatever from there. I know, therefore that I do have a set of Favorites:
I just can't access them from IE7!

I know it's something I have done!!

Help!!!

Paul Pettigrew
Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
What happens when you access the Favorites *menu*? Are the URLs displayed?

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open IE7, the panel on the laft-hand side which normally displays
> my
> Favorites is completely blank. If I click on RSS Feeds, I get those that I
> have subscribed to displayed OK.
>
> I get around this problem by using a Favorites folder and selecting
> HotMail
> or whatever from there. I know, therefore that I do have a set of
> Favorites:
> I just can't access them from IE7!
>
> I know it's something I have done!!
>
> Help!!!
>
> Paul Pettigrew

Paul Pettigrew

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
There is no "menu": the tool bar reads from left to right: Favorites, Feeds,
History. If I click on the other 2Ă—, RSS feeds and "3 Weeks Ago", etc display
in the panel below. If I click on Favorites, that are becomes BLANK!?

"Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:

> What happens when you access the Favorites *menu*? Are the URLs displayed?
>
> --
> Regards,

> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>

> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open IE7, the panel on the laft-hand side which normally displays
> > my
> > Favorites is completely blank. If I click on RSS Feeds, I get those that I
> > have subscribed to displayed OK.
> >
> > I get around this problem by using a Favorites folder and selecting
> > HotMail
> > or whatever from there. I know, therefore that I do have a set of
> > Favorites:
> > I just can't access them from IE7!
> >
> > I know it's something I have done!!
> >
> > Help!!!
> >
> > Paul Pettigrew

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
Press the ALT key to show the Menu bar. Then click the Favorites menu and
see if the items are listed.
(This is to check if IE is reading the correct Favorites folder.)

--

> There is no "menu": the tool bar reads from left to right: Favorites,
> Feeds,
> History. If I click on the other 2×, RSS feeds and "3 Weeks Ago", etc
> display
> in the panel below. If I click on Favorites, that are becomes BLANK!?
>
> "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> What happens when you access the Favorites *menu*? Are the URLs
>> displayed?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>>

>> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > When I open IE7, the panel on the laft-hand side which normally
>> > displays
>> > my
>> > Favorites is completely blank. If I click on RSS Feeds, I get those
>> > that I
>> > have subscribed to displayed OK.
>> >
>> > I get around this problem by using a Favorites folder and selecting
>> > HotMail
>> > or whatever from there. I know, therefore that I do have a set of
>> > Favorites:
>> > I just can't access them from IE7!
>> >
>> > I know it's something I have done!!
>> >
>> > Help!!!
>> >
>> > Paul Pettigrew

Paul Pettigrew

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
Pressing the ALT key simply selects File on the Menu Bar. Nothing else…

Paul

"Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Press the ALT key to show the Menu bar. Then click the Favorites menu and
> see if the items are listed.
> (This is to check if IE is reading the correct Favorites folder.)
>
> --
> Regards,

> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>

> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There is no "menu": the tool bar reads from left to right: Favorites,
> > Feeds,
> > History. If I click on the other 2Ă—, RSS feeds and "3 Weeks Ago", etc
> > display
> > in the panel below. If I click on Favorites, that are becomes BLANK!?
> >
> > "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> What happens when you access the Favorites *menu*? Are the URLs
> >> displayed?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> >> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
> >>

> >> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
how about Alt + A ?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> Pressing the ALT key simply selects File on the Menu Bar. Nothing else.
>
> Paul
>
> "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Press the ALT key to show the Menu bar. Then click the Favorites menu and
>> see if the items are listed.
>> (This is to check if IE is reading the correct Favorites folder.)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>>

>> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > There is no "menu": the tool bar reads from left to right: Favorites,
>> > Feeds,
>> > History. If I click on the other 2×, RSS feeds and "3 Weeks Ago", etc
>> > display
>> > in the panel below. If I click on Favorites, that are becomes BLANK!?

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
I repeat:

"Press the ALT key to show the Menu bar. Then click the Favorites menu and
see if the items are listed.
(This is to check if IE is reading the correct Favorites folder.)"

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Pressing the ALT key simply selects File on the Menu Bar. Nothing else.
>
> Paul
>
> "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Press the ALT key to show the Menu bar. Then click the Favorites menu and
>> see if the items are listed.
>> (This is to check if IE is reading the correct Favorites folder.)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>>

>> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > There is no "menu": the tool bar reads from left to right: Favorites,
>> > Feeds,
>> > History. If I click on the other 2×, RSS feeds and "3 Weeks Ago", etc
>> > display
>> > in the panel below. If I click on Favorites, that are becomes BLANK!?

Paul Pettigrew

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
ALT +A displays short menu:
Add to Favorites…
Organise Favorites…
with Add Tab Group to Favorites… "greyed-out"

Paul

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> how about Alt + A ?
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Pressing the ALT key simply selects File on the Menu Bar. Nothing else.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Press the ALT key to show the Menu bar. Then click the Favorites menu and
> >> see if the items are listed.
> >> (This is to check if IE is reading the correct Favorites folder.)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> >> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
> >>

> >> "Paul Pettigrew" <PaulPettigrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
posting to this newsgroup.

Have you moved your Favorites folder to a non-default location?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Paul Pettigrew wrote:
> When I open IE7, the panel on the laft-hand side which normally displays
> my
> Favorites is completely blank. If I click on RSS Feeds, I get those that I
> have subscribed to displayed OK.
>
> I get around this problem by using a Favorites folder and selecting
> HotMail
> or whatever from there. I know, therefore that I do have a set of
> Favorites:
> I just can't access them from IE7!
>
> I know it's something I have done!!
>
> Help!!!
>
> Paul Pettigrew

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: IE7 display of Favorites
Yes, normal if you only have one tab opened it will be grayed out.

Do your Favorites appear below that stuff?

--
Rob Giordano