Installing IE7

Ceci

Installing IE7
I'm trying to reinstall IE7 onto my Windows XP because for some reason,
whenever i open Internet Explorer, it automatically closes on me. So there I
go, downloading the thing for IE7 and following all the steps when a notice
appears "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update. Inf. Make
sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" And the
installation closes. Any help?
Leonard Grey

Re: Installing IE7
Reinstalling a web browser rarely solves the problem.

Instead, run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
(No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Ceci wrote:
> I'm trying to reinstall IE7 onto my Windows XP because for some reason,
> whenever i open Internet Explorer, it automatically closes on me. So there I
> go, downloading the thing for IE7 and following all the steps when a notice
> appears "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update. Inf. Make
> sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" And the
> installation closes. Any help?

Ceci

Re: Installing IE7
I've just tried starting Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode, but the same
thing happened. I briefly saw the window open and then close automatically.
I've scanned my computer for viruses a few hours before, and it reported
having no viruses. But, when i first discovered this, there were a few
viruses on my computer.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Reinstalling a web browser rarely solves the problem.
>
> Instead, run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
> (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
> viruses or other malicious software.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Ceci wrote:
> > I'm trying to reinstall IE7 onto my Windows XP because for some reason,
> > whenever i open Internet Explorer, it automatically closes on me. So there I
> > go, downloading the thing for IE7 and following all the steps when a notice
> > appears "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update. Inf. Make
> > sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" And the
> > installation closes. Any help?

Kayman

Re: Installing IE7
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:56:04 -0800, Ceci wrote:

> I'm trying to reinstall IE7 onto my Windows XP because for some reason,
> whenever i open Internet Explorer, it automatically closes on me. So there I
> go, downloading the thing for IE7 and following all the steps when a notice
> appears "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update. Inf. Make
> sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" And the
> installation closes. Any help?

Click Start==>Run... then type (or copy/paste) "services.msc" (w/out
quotation marks) into the box, then click the 'OK' button.
In Services panel click the 'Standard' tab; Scroll down to 'Cryptographic
Services', the 'Status' should indicate 'Started' and the 'Startup Type'
should show 'Automatic'.
If not, right-click 'Cryptographic Services' and click 'Properties'. In the
'General' tab besides 'Startup type:' click onto the downward-pointing
arrow, in the drop-down menu select 'Automatic'. Under 'Service status'
click the 'Start' button.
Click 'Apply' then 'OK' button.
Done.

To uninstall IE 7 (which returns you to IE 6) follow these directions:-

Start, Settings, Control Panel then click Add or Remove Programs, locate
IE7 and uninstall it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

If you upgraded to IE 7 'before' you applied SP 3, you'll have to
uninstall SP 3 first.

Read this before installing IE7:
Sandi's Installation Tips: 1 thru 8, 10 and 11, note 12 that's it.

Do not use Automatic/Windows Update for downloading/installing IE7!

Use this link instead:
Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP:

Save the program to your desktop then install.

Activate Windows Update after installing IE7 to download/install pertinent
updates offered, including Root Certificates updates.

Good luck
Swavey

RE: Installing IE7
I'm currently having the same problem. Mine started after downloading IE 8
Beta. Then I couldn't access websites I frequent. So I deleted IE 8 Beta and
IE 7 was gone. Tried to reinstall IE 7 and like you it would flash open then
close. I spent hours doing an XP repair install instead of a total reformat
and still had the problem. I messaged Microsoft with the problem but haven't
heard from them yet. After the XP reinstall I now have IE 6 which works. I
really don't want to do a total format since I can use Firefox. For now, I
went to Mozilla and downloaded the Firefox browser and made MSN my homepage
as I've used it for 10 years. I now may be a Firefox user. It is much faster!

"Ceci" wrote:

> I'm trying to reinstall IE7 onto my Windows XP because for some reason,
> whenever i open Internet Explorer, it automatically closes on me. So there I
> go, downloading the thing for IE7 and following all the steps when a notice
> appears "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update. Inf. Make
> sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" And the
> installation closes. Any help?

Re: Installing IE7
Reinstalling IE7 is not going to fix your Vundo (and/or ZLOB and/or
DNS.Changer and/or SDBot-variant) infection which is protected by a rootkit.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ceci wrote:
> I'm trying to reinstall IE7 onto my Windows XP because for some reason,
> whenever i open Internet Explorer, it automatically closes on me. So there
> go, downloading the thing for IE7 and following all the steps when a
> notice
> appears "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update. Inf.
> Make
> sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" And the
> installation closes. Any help?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Installing IE7
"Swavey" <Swavey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently having the same problem. Mine started after downloading IE 8
> Beta. Then I couldn't access websites I frequent. So I deleted IE 8 Beta
> and
> IE 7 was gone. Tried to reinstall IE 7 and like you it would flash open
> then
> close. I spent hours doing an XP repair install instead of a total
> reformat
> and still had the problem. I messaged Microsoft with the problem but
> haven't
> heard from them yet. After the XP reinstall I now have IE 6 which works. I
> really don't want to do a total format since I can use Firefox. For now, I
> went to Mozilla and downloaded the Firefox browser and made MSN my
> homepage
> as I've used it for 10 years. I now may be a Firefox user. It is much
> faster!
>

> "Ceci" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to reinstall IE7 onto my Windows XP because for some reason,
>> whenever i open Internet Explorer, it automatically closes on me. So
>> there I
>> go, downloading the thing for IE7 and following all the steps when a
>> notice
>> appears "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update. Inf.
>> Make
>> sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" And the
>> installation closes. Any help?

What if you go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools |
Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Installing SP 1 gwf396 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 24 04-22-2008 11:08
I Keep Installing And Installing, Just FYI kevpan815 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 04-11-2008 01:24
Installing FDE Paul Security News 0 10-22-2007 15:22
Installing VPN Rick Treadway microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 08-08-2007 01:25
installing windows xp after installing vista Abubakar microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 03-16-2007 11:46