.HTM file will not open properly in Internet Explorer 7

jlb20

.HTM file will not open properly in Internet Explorer 7
We have some .htm files that were created with Internet Explorer 6.0 in
Windows 2000 on our server. When I try to open them with Internet Explorer
7, using Windows XP SP3, the complete file is not displayed.

When I copied the file to my hard drive, the Allow Active Content msg came
up on the browser and after I replied yes, it opened the entire document okay.

Since these files are on our Intranet, I went into Tools-Internet
Options-Security-Custom Level and enabled everything that referred to Active
Directorys and Scripts and I am still having this problem.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance for your help
Peace of mind is worth all the money in the world
Leonard Grey

Re: .HTM file will not open properly in Internet Explorer 7
Mark of the Web

Also: In general, one must never presume that a page coded for IE X (or
Firefox X) will work properly with version X+1.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

jlb20 wrote:
> We have some .htm files that were created with Internet Explorer 6.0 in
> Windows 2000 on our server. When I try to open them with Internet Explorer
> 7, using Windows XP SP3, the complete file is not displayed.
>
> When I copied the file to my hard drive, the Allow Active Content msg came
> up on the browser and after I replied yes, it opened the entire document okay.
>
> Since these files are on our Intranet, I went into Tools-Internet
> Options-Security-Custom Level and enabled everything that referred to Active
> Directorys and Scripts and I am still having this problem.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
> Peace of mind is worth all the money in the world

jlb20

Re: .HTM file will not open properly in Internet Explorer 7
I am not a programmer, so the Mark of the Web article was a little hard for
me to follow, however I do get and understand the concept.
I am starting to think that mine is a Windows XP issue rather than Internet
Explorer 7, allthough it could be a combination of both.
I uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 and SP3 from Windows XP and the file still
opened up incomplete with error on page msg at bottom left corner.
When I use Windows 2000 with I.E. 6, no problems.
Also, as stated before, when I launch it from my hard drive, no problems
with display.

I guess I am starting to ramble so I will end now.