File restricted because content doesn't match its security informa

Doctor

File restricted because content doesn't match its security informa
IE7 no longer allows me to access the 3D content sites that require the
Bitmanagement Contact VRML/X3D plug-in. Instead, the page either does not
load or I get the following message in the yellow popup bar at the top of IE:

"This content might not be displayed properly. The file was restricted
because the content doesn't match its security information. Click here for
options..."

When I click on the yellow bar there is no option to permanently disable
this message, and choosing to allow the content each time does not open the
content properly. It seems that the bitmanagement plugin does not receive
the content when it is interrupted by the yellow bar, and when I choose the
"Show restricted content" option it instead asks if I want to save the file
or load it. Loading the file simply displays the text contents in the IE
window, rather than having the plug-in interpret the file as it should.

To replicate the problem, go to
<http://www.bitmanagement.de/download/playerdownload.en.html> and download
the BS Contact 7.1 plug-in. Then install the plug-in, and finally attempt to
go to the following 3D content site:

<http://www.spafon.com/IslandVillaA/contact.htm>

If the site loads correctly you should see two browser frames, one above the
other. The top frame should display the 3D content (a simple VRML scene) and
the lower frame should display a chat panel and associated controls.

None of the 3D content sites (there are many) that I frequent are working
now, and I have not intentionally changed anything on my computer.

Does anyone know anything about this issue or how I might permanently
disable the file restriction imposed by IE (assuming that is the problem)?

I am using IE 7 on Windows XP.

"ColTom2" wrote:

> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2041418,00.asp

An interesting article, as it attempt to dispell some myths about VRML/X3D
that are prevalent among 3D application developers that choose to use a
proprietary 3D format. However, it unfortunately does not answer my question.

Thanks for the information though. I appreciate any attempt to promote the
only open standard 3D language for the web.