resolution and desktop icons

Red_romanov

resolution and desktop icons
I am using windows Vista SP1. I often play a game with lower resolution than
the desktop. There is a problem that when the game crashes and I have to
restart the computer, the resolution is still set as the game's resolution.
My favorite arranged desktop icons are all messed up into left corner!
I want a feature that can solve this problem. Maybe saving icons' positions
for each resolution, or set the screen resolution when it show the desktop at
startup.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: resolution and desktop icons
You don't suppose this should be the responsibility of your game creator?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Red_romanov wrote:
> I am using windows Vista SP1. I often play a game with lower resolution than
> the desktop. There is a problem that when the game crashes and I have to
> restart the computer, the resolution is still set as the game's resolution.
> My favorite arranged desktop icons are all messed up into left corner!
> I want a feature that can solve this problem. Maybe saving icons' positions
> for each resolution, or set the screen resolution when it show the desktop at
> startup.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Don Varnau

Re: resolution and desktop icons
Hi,
Try Desktop Restore (freeware) from
http://www.midiox.com/
I use it on Vista. It will restore your desktop arrangement.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]