Orange hand mouse pointer

Jim S

Orange hand mouse pointer
My arrow pointer has turned into a yellow/orange hand cursor only when
using IE7. Changing the pointers with mouse settings in Control Panel has
no effect. The 'hand' has thumb on the left and slightly curved fingers and
does not change over text, blank spaces or graphics.
Can anyone help?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Leonard Grey

Re: Orange hand mouse pointer
Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.

Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
latest signatures and run a full scan.

If you don't have comprehensive anti-malware software, that's like
driving a car without seats belts or air bags. Either way, you're
eventually going to get hammered. Install comprehensive anti-malware
software and learn how to use its features. A 'comprehensive' solution
scans for all types of malicious software in the background, on demand
and on schedule.

For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
scanners, such as:
Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and temerc.com -- but not
here. Within a day, sometimes within an hour, you'll have one-on-one
step-by-step advice from a security expert on cleaning up any
infestations—or you'll have a clean bill of health from the volunteer
expert.

Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
show the computer to a professional.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Jim S wrote:
> My arrow pointer has turned into a yellow/orange hand cursor only when
> using IE7. Changing the pointers with mouse settings in Control Panel has
> no effect. The 'hand' has thumb on the left and slightly curved fingers and
> does not change over text, blank spaces or graphics.
> Can anyone help?

Jim S

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:43:30 -0500, Leonard Grey wrote:

> Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.
>
> Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
> latest signatures and run a full scan.
>
> If you don't have comprehensive anti-malware software, that's like
> driving a car without seats belts or air bags. Either way, you're
> eventually going to get hammered. Install comprehensive anti-malware
> software and learn how to use its features. A 'comprehensive' solution
> scans for all types of malicious software in the background, on demand
> and on schedule.
>
> For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
> scanners, such as:
> Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
> Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)
>
> Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
> post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
> spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and temerc.com -- but not
> here. Within a day, sometimes within an hour, you'll have one-on-one
> step-by-step advice from a security expert on cleaning up any
> infestations¡Xor you'll have a clean bill of health from the volunteer
> expert.
>
> Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
> infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
> show the computer to a professional.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Jim S wrote:
>> My arrow pointer has turned into a yellow/orange hand cursor only when
>> using IE7. Changing the pointers with mouse settings in Control Panel has
>> no effect. The 'hand' has thumb on the left and slightly curved fingers and
>> does not change over text, blank spaces or graphics.
>> Can anyone help?

Thanks Leonard
It turned out to be IE7pro 'Grab and Drag' which I have now disabled.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK