IE7 Won't save content

Oly

IE7 Won't save content
I can open and browse webpage's on IE7, but when i try to save downloaded
content, it will not save it. Nor will it run it........it goes through the
first progress bar (opening it), but it wont save or run it.....

Thanks
Don Varnau

Re: IE7 Won't save content
Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)

First clear the Temporary Internet Files.
- - -
Start IE7 without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

If the problem goes away, an add-on is causing the problem.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
- - -
Turn on the Windows Firewall from Control Panel> Windows Firewall (so that
you will have *some* protection) and disable your third-party firewall,
security suite, other security programs. See if one of them is causing the
problem
- -
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE].

"Oly" <Oly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can open and browse webpage's on IE7, but when i try to save downloaded
> content, it will not save it. Nor will it run it........it goes through

the
> first progress bar (opening it), but it wont save or run it.....
>

> Thanks

Oly

Re: IE7 Won't save content
Thanks for your help!

Ummm..Im running Windows Vista home premium, and it seems to be a vista
problem actually...i installed firefox and it is doing the same thing. =(...
the no add-on did not help either. I have it fully updated via windows update
too.

thanks again for your help

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
>
> First clear the Temporary Internet Files.
> - - -
> Start IE7 without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
>
> If the problem goes away, an add-on is causing the problem.
> For troubleshooting information see:
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> More at:
> Problem: Crashes or hangs
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
> - - -
> Turn on the Windows Firewall from Control Panel> Windows Firewall (so that
> you will have *some* protection) and disable your third-party firewall,
> security suite, other security programs. See if one of them is causing the
> problem
> - -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE].
>
> "Oly" <Oly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can open and browse webpage's on IE7, but when i try to save downloaded
> > content, it will not save it. Nor will it run it........it goes through

> the
> > first progress bar (opening it), but it wont save or run it.....
> >

> > Thanks

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 Won't save content
If IE and Fx are both affected, that suggests that a third-party security
program is causing the problem. Try disabling any security suite, firewall,
download manager, antivirus program *just long enough* to see if it's the
problem.

I seem to remember that Zone Alarm can cause this problem, but ZA is not the
only possible culprit. You may have to uninstall Zone Alarm, instead of
merely disabling it, to test.

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Ummm..Im running Windows Vista home premium, and it seems to be a vista
> problem actually...i installed firefox and it is doing the same thing.

=(...