Have I got a virus?

Trevor

Have I got a virus?
I can't get to www.google.com or .co.uk instead I get what purports to be a
microsoft page telling me I have been attacked by a viurs and telling me to
download antispyware now. I expect this is a dodgy web page. How do I get
rid of the spyware/virus? I have AVG running but it's not found anthing,
neither Microsofts malicious software tool or spybot.

Re: Have I got a virus?
Yes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Trevor wrote:
> I can't get to www.google.com or .co.uk instead I get what purports to be
> microsoft page telling me I have been attacked by a viurs and telling me
> download antispyware now. I expect this is a dodgy web page. How do I get
> rid of the spyware/virus? I have AVG running but it's not found anthing,
> neither Microsofts malicious software tool or spybot.

Øyvind Granberg

Re: Have I got a virus?
I was attacked by Trojan.DNS.Changer, but a ?20 Malwarebytes download fixed
it.
www.malwarebytes.org
Have a nice day!
--

Vennlig hilsen
Øyvind Granberg

tresfjording@live.no
www.tresfjording.com

"Trevor" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.co.uk> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
da5fe$4919edab$50e5af86$7640@news.eurofeeds.com ...
> I can't get to www.google.com or .co.uk instead I get what purports to be
> a microsoft page telling me I have been attacked by a viurs and telling me
> to download antispyware now. I expect this is a dodgy web page. How do I
> get rid of the spyware/virus? I have AVG running but it's not found
> anthing, neither Microsofts malicious software tool or spybot.

Kayman

Re: Have I got a virus?
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:39:17 -0000, Trevor wrote:

> I can't get to www.google.com or .co.uk instead I get what purports to be a
> microsoft page telling me I have been attacked by a viurs and telling me to
> download antispyware now. I expect this is a dodgy web page. How do I get
> rid of the spyware/virus? I have AVG running but it's not found anthing,
> neither Microsofts malicious software tool or spybot.

1.Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware

2.SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

3.Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.

Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29

NOTE:
Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the
respective HJT forum.

Good luck :0