Hyperlink opens wrong e-mail program

Clang

Hyperlink opens wrong e-mail program
I recently upgraded to a new computer. Now when I click on an e-mail address
hyperlink on a webpage the link opens in Outlook Express instead of Outlook
2003. How can I change this so that the links will open in Outlook 2003?
Leonard Grey

Re: Hyperlink opens wrong e-mail program
"How to make Outlook the default mail client"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223877
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Clang wrote:
> I recently upgraded to a new computer. Now when I click on an e-mail address
> hyperlink on a webpage the link opens in Outlook Express instead of Outlook
> 2003. How can I change this so that the links will open in Outlook 2003?

Clang

Re: Hyperlink opens wrong e-mail program
Thanks Leonard, I had already checked this, the Internet options program tab
is already set to use Microsoft Office Outlook but the links still open in
Outlook Express.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> "How to make Outlook the default mail client"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223877
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Clang wrote:
> > I recently upgraded to a new computer. Now when I click on an e-mail address
> > hyperlink on a webpage the link opens in Outlook Express instead of Outlook
> > 2003. How can I change this so that the links will open in Outlook 2003?

Leonard Grey

Re: Hyperlink opens wrong e-mail program
Start > Set Program Access and Defaults
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Clang wrote:
> Thanks Leonard, I had already checked this, the Internet options program tab
> is already set to use Microsoft Office Outlook but the links still open in
> Outlook Express.
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> "How to make Outlook the default mail client"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223877
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> Clang wrote:
>>> I recently upgraded to a new computer. Now when I click on an e-mail address
>>> hyperlink on a webpage the link opens in Outlook Express instead of Outlook
>>> 2003. How can I change this so that the links will open in Outlook 2003?

VanguardLH

Clang wrote:

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> "How to make Outlook the default mail client"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223877
>>
>> Clang wrote:
>>>
>>> I recently upgraded to a new computer. Now when I click on an
>>> e-mail address hyperlink on a webpage the link opens in Outlook
>>> Express instead of Outlook 2003. How can I change this so that the
>>> links will open in Outlook 2003?

> I had already checked this, the Internet options program tab is
> already set to use Microsoft Office Outlook but the links still open
> in Outlook Express.

After checking the Internet Options -> Programs -> E-mail is set to
Outlook, open Outlook Express and make sure it is configured to NOT be
the default e-mail client. Then open Outlook and ensure it is
configured that it IS the default e-mail client (Tools -> Options ->
Other in OL2002). Retest the mailto: URL links at the web sites.