IE7 error

Steffo

IE7 error
Hi guys.

I'm using XP SP3 and when I try to send from OWA I'm getting an error window
saying IE must close due to an unspecified error and all IE7 windows will
close and the window to send the error message will appear.
The certificate is installed, the S/MIME Control installed and updated.
How can I try to solve this problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Steffo

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE7 error
Steffo wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I'm using XP SP3 and when I try to send from OWA I'm getting an error
> window saying IE must close due to an unspecified error and all IE7
> windows will close and the window to send the error message will appear.
> The certificate is installed, the S/MIME Control installed and updated.
> How can I try to solve this problem?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
>
> Steffo

See:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...ows-vista.aspx
And:
"You receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks, or
you must click to enable the compose frame in OWA":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911829

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Re: IE7 error
Also see
http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Steffo wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I'm using XP SP3 and when I try to send from OWA I'm getting an error
> window
> saying IE must close due to an unspecified error and all IE7 windows will
> close and the window to send the error message will appear.
> The certificate is installed, the S/MIME Control installed and updated.
> How can I try to solve this problem?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
>
> Steffo

Steffo

Re: IE7 error
I'm not using Vista but XP SP3, as I said, and I've done that d/l already,
as I said.
What else can I try to do?

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Also see
> http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix
>
> Steffo wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> I'm using XP SP3 and when I try to send from OWA I'm getting an error
>> window
>> saying IE must close due to an unspecified error and all IE7 windows
>> will close and the window to send the error message will appear.
>> The certificate is installed, the S/MIME Control installed and
>> updated. How can I try to solve this problem?
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Steffo

Re: IE7 error
Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

Is this a sudden, new problem? In other words, have you ever been able to
use OWA in IE7 or IE6?

=> Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
or

2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

=> Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?

Steffo wrote:
> I'm not using Vista but XP SP3, as I said, and I've done that d/l already,
> as I said.
> What else can I try to do?
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Also see
>> http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix
>>
>> Steffo wrote:
>>> Hi guys.
>>>
>>> I'm using XP SP3 and when I try to send from OWA I'm getting an error
>>> window
>>> saying IE must close due to an unspecified error and all IE7 windows
>>> will close and the window to send the error message will appear.
>>> The certificate is installed, the S/MIME Control installed and
>>> updated. How can I try to solve this problem?
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Steffo

Steffo

Re: IE7 error
IE7 was installed before XPSP3.
OWA is my week-old work email: it works fine on my wireless mobile device
but I can't send from my laptop because IE is crashing.
I'll try the no-add-ons mode and report back............

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?
>
> Is this a sudden, new problem? In other words, have you ever been
> able to use OWA in IE7 or IE6?
>
> => Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To
> start IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
>
> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
> Add-ons; or
>
> 2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
> Explorer (No add-ons).

> => Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
>
> Steffo wrote:
>> I'm not using Vista but XP SP3, as I said, and I've done that d/l
>> already, as I said.
>> What else can I try to do?
>>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Also see
>>> http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix

Steffo

Re: IE7 error
PA, nothing is working with no-add-ons: no emails are showing in folders and
I cannot write email sending window.
Would it be better if I d/l IE8 beta?

Steffo wrote:
> IE7 was installed before XPSP3.
> OWA is my week-old work email: it works fine on my wireless mobile
> device but I can't send from my laptop because IE is crashing.
> I'll try the no-add-ons mode and report back............
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?
>>
>> Is this a sudden, new problem? In other words, have you ever been
>> able to use OWA in IE7 or IE6?
>>
>> => Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To
>> start IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
>>
>> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
>> Add-ons; or
>>
>> 2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:
>>
>> => Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings
>> (RIES)? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!
>>
>> Steffo wrote:
>>> I'm not using Vista but XP SP3, as I said, and I've done that d/l
>>> already, as I said.
>>> What else can I try to do?

Re: IE7 error
Do NOT install IE8 Beta 2!!!

Repost: Have you ever been able to use OWA in IE7? (Not on your mobile
device, in IE7)

When did you install WinXP SP3? What anti-virus application or security
suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware
WinXP SP3?

Can anyone else at your place of employment (1) access OWA (2) using IE7?

IE7 communicates with the Exchange server at your place of employment to
access OWA. There's a very specific patch/update that must be installed on
the Exchange server so that you would be able to access OWA in IE7. Ask the
IT Admin(s) at work if Exchange has this update installed:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829
--
~PA Bear

Steffo wrote:
> PA, nothing is working with no-add-ons: no emails are showing in folders
> and
> I cannot write email sending window.
> Would it be better if I d/l IE8 beta?
>
> Steffo wrote:
>> IE7 was installed before XPSP3.
>> OWA is my week-old work email: it works fine on my wireless mobile
>> device but I can't send from my laptop because IE is crashing.
>> I'll try the no-add-ons mode and report back............
>>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?
>>>
>>> Is this a sudden, new problem? In other words, have you ever been
>>> able to use OWA in IE7 or IE6?
>>>
>>> => Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To
>>> start IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
>>>
>>> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
>>> Add-ons; or
>>>
>>> 2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>>
>>> => Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings
>>> (RIES)? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!

Steffo

Re: IE7 error
I can log on OWA, read emails, move them to folders, use calendar and
contacts.
I can't send emails: when I click on send in the send message window, I'm
getting an unspecified IE error and all browser's windows shut down,
including the one with my new email which is lost forever.
I'm using Norton Protection Center.
At work, most people have no problems with OWA, some have the same trouble I
have.
Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Do NOT install IE8 Beta 2!!!
>
> Repost: Have you ever been able to use OWA in IE7? (Not on your mobile
> device, in IE7)
>
> When did you install WinXP SP3? What anti-virus application or
> security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
> firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the
> background when you installed WinXP SP3?
>
> Can anyone else at your place of employment (1) access OWA (2) using
> IE7?
> IE7 communicates with the Exchange server at your place of employment
> to access OWA. There's a very specific patch/update that must be
> installed on the Exchange server so that you would be able to access
> OWA in IE7. Ask the IT Admin(s) at work if Exchange has this update
> installed: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829
>
> Steffo wrote:
>> PA, nothing is working with no-add-ons: no emails are showing in
>> folders and
>> I cannot write email sending window.
>> Would it be better if I d/l IE8 beta?
>>
>> Steffo wrote:
>>> IE7 was installed before XPSP3.
>>> OWA is my week-old work email: it works fine on my wireless mobile
>>> device but I can't send from my laptop because IE is crashing.
>>> I'll try the no-add-ons mode and report back............

Re: IE7 error
> I'm using Norton Protection Center.

What is the full name & version of this Norton application (e.g., Norton
AntiVirus 2008; Norton 360 2009; Norton Internet Security 2007)? Have you
purchased it and is your subscription current? Did you upgrade to this
Norton application & version from an earlier application & version (e.g.,
upgraded from Norton AntiVirus 2007 to Norton 360 2009)?

Is this Norton application configured to scan incoming and outgoing mail?

>> Ask the IT Admin(s) at work if Exchange has this update
>> installed: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829

Have you done so?

I still need to know when you installed WinXP SP3 and if all Norton
processes were running in the background when you installed it.
--
~PA Bear