to create a virtual directory

pol

to create a virtual directory
Hi,

Please let me know the steps to create a virtual directory in XP and to give
//http/sales I did the following ways

1. I installed IIS
2. Start, Administrative Tools, Services Manager. and there I created a
virtual directory 'sales' in default web site
3. After that in address bar when I ma trying to give \\http\sales, the
following message is coming 'page cannot be found' .

With thanks

Pol

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: to create a virtual directory
If "sales" is a folder does it have an index page inside?

Generally you'd open a local server web site like this;
http://localhost/nameofyourweb

If "sales" is the name of your web it'd open (if you have index page inside)
with
http://localhost/sales

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Please let me know the steps to create a virtual directory in XP and to
> give
> //http/sales I did the following ways
>
> 1. I installed IIS
> 2. Start, Administrative Tools, Services Manager. and there I created a
> virtual directory 'sales' in default web site
> 3. After that in address bar when I ma trying to give \\http\sales, the
> following message is coming 'page cannot be found' .
>
> With thanks
>
> Pol

Kayman

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 02:30:01 -0800, pol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please let me know the steps to create a virtual directory in XP and to give
> //http/sales I did the following ways
>
> 1. I installed IIS
> 2. Start, Administrative Tools, Services Manager. and there I created a
> virtual directory 'sales' in default web site
> 3. After that in address bar when I ma trying to give \\http\sales, the
> following message is coming 'page cannot be found' .

There aren't any 'good' on-line scanners out there! On-line scanners are
the most unsafe and next to useless. Because by the time you've started
your infected Windows and connected to the
Internet via this infected code base, and start to look for scanning sites
through infected DNS, you are almost certain to have the malware
perfectly positioned to overrule your attempts to clean it.
What happens if active malware is found? Don't expect that the on-line
scanner will do anything about it. Most of them are just just marketing
tools for selling you their products. Quite often, malware removal on the
NT based OS (Win 2K and XP) is far from easy. Sometimes a (good) resident
AV can deal with it in Safe Mode.

Other reasons to stay away from on'line scanners are:
1. You have to use IE on very low security setting - ActiveX is required.
2. Many users will lower security in the Internet Zone to use the service
and then forget to set the Internet Zone back to highest possible security
- which is the only way that IE should be set.
3.Scanning sould be performed while off-line.

David H. Lipman's Multi-AV and some 'other' stand-alone AV tools are
*impressively better and safer*, because you don't have to be on-line to
use them (they have no dependencies on using a web browser to perform their
function), and they also can be used in Safe Mode.

Download David's MULTI_AV.EXE directly:
http://www.pctip.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
or
http://212.98.39.7/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe

http://www.pctip.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
or
http://212.98.39.7/downloads/dl/35905.asp

English:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...irus-for-free/

Other quality Standalone Malware Scanners are:
Kaspersky® AVPTool
http://avptool.virusinfo.info/en/
Direct:
http://downloads5.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/
--and--
Dr.Web CureIt!® Utility - FREE
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/
--and--
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware

Kaspersky® AVPTool, Dr.Web CureIt!® have no update feature (so they don't
turn into full blown scanners), thus they need to be re-downloaded every
time there's an update.
Re: K/AVPTool; Uninstall after use. To uninstall/move this program "enable
self-defense' must be unchecked!

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29

NOTE:
Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the
respective HJT forum.

Good luck
Kayman

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:32:19 +0700, Kayman wrote:

> [...]

> Re: K/AVPTool; Uninstall after use. To uninstall/move this program "enable
> self-defense' must be unchecked!
>
> Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
> http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis
>
> Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
> Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.
>
> http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?board=3.0
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
> http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29
>
> NOTE:
> Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
> a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the

Wrongly posted, ignore this post.
pol

Re: to create a virtual directory
thanks for the reply

please give the steps to create http://localhost/sales. Please I am a
beginner. Please help
With thanks
Pol

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If "sales" is a folder does it have an index page inside?
>
> Generally you'd open a local server web site like this;
> http://localhost/nameofyourweb
>
> If "sales" is the name of your web it'd open (if you have index page inside)
> with
> http://localhost/sales
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please let me know the steps to create a virtual directory in XP and to
> > give
> > //http/sales I did the following ways
> >
> > 1. I installed IIS
> > 2. Start, Administrative Tools, Services Manager. and there I created a
> > virtual directory 'sales' in default web site
> > 3. After that in address bar when I ma trying to give \\http\sales, the
> > following message is coming 'page cannot be found' .
> >
> > With thanks
> >
> > Pol

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Re: to create a virtual directory
which OS are you using?
what program are you using to create your web site(s)?
exactly what are you trying to do?

--