software counterfeiting?

hi! good day!!

when i was start to you use IE7, everytime i open or restart my PC, there is
always a question about the IE7 i used. it said that my copy of IE7 did not
pass genuine Windows valdation.

What shoul i do??!!??
Please help me!
Thanks!!

-Marlon
Leonard Grey

Re: software counterfeiting?
Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.

Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
latest signatures and run a full scan.

If you don't have comprehensive anti-malware software, that's like
driving a car without seats belts or air bags. Either way, you're
eventually going to get hammered. Install comprehensive anti-malware
software and learn how to use its features. A 'comprehensive' solution
scans for all types of malicious software in the background, on demand
and on schedule.

For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
scanners, such as:
Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and temerc.com -- but not
here. Within a day, sometimes within an hour, you'll have one-on-one
step-by-step advice from a security expert on cleaning up any
infestations—or you'll have a clean bill of health from the volunteer
expert.

Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
show the computer to a professional.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

software counterfeiting? wrote:
> hi! good day!!
>
> when i was start to you use IE7, everytime i open or restart my PC, there is
> always a question about the IE7 i used. it said that my copy of IE7 did not
> pass genuine Windows valdation.
>
> What shoul i do??!!??
> Please help me!
> Thanks!!
>
> -Marlon

Kayman

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 23:10:06 -0800, software counterfeiting? wrote:

> hi! good day!!
>
> when i was start to you use IE7, everytime i open or restart my PC, there is
> always a question about the IE7 i used. it said that my copy of IE7 did not
> pass genuine Windows valdation.
> What shoul i do??!!??

There aren't any 'good' on-line scanners out there! On-line scanners are
the most unsafe and next to useless. Because by the time you've started
your infected Windows and connected to the
Internet via this infected code base, and start to look for scanning sites
through infected DNS, you are almost certain to have the malware
perfectly positioned to overrule your attempts to clean it.
What happens if active malware is found? Don't expect that the on-line
scanner will do anything about it. Most of them are just just marketing
tools for selling you their products. Quite often, malware removal on the
NT based OS (Win 2K and XP) is far from easy. Sometimes a (good) resident
AV can deal with it in Safe Mode.

Other reasons to stay away from on'line scanners are:
1. You have to use IE on very low security setting - ActiveX is required.
2. Many users will lower security in the Internet Zone to use the service
and then forget to set the Internet Zone back to highest possible security
- which is the only way that IE should be set.
3.Scanning sould be performed while off-line.

David H. Lipman's Multi-AV and some 'other' stand-alone AV tools are
*impressively better and safer*, because you don't have to be on-line to
use them (they have no dependencies on using a web browser to perform their
function), and they also can be used in Safe Mode.

Download David's MULTI_AV.EXE directly:
http://www.pctip.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
or
http://212.98.39.7/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe

http://www.pctip.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
or
http://212.98.39.7/downloads/dl/35905.asp

English:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...irus-for-free/

Other quality Standalone Malware Scanners are:
Kaspersky® AVPTool
http://avptool.virusinfo.info/en/
Direct:
http://downloads5.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/
--and--
Dr.Web CureIt!® Utility - FREE
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/
--and--
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware

Kaspersky® AVPTool, Dr.Web CureIt!® have no update feature (so they don't
turn into full blown scanners), thus they need to be re-downloaded every
time there's an update.
Re: K/AVPTool; Uninstall after use. To uninstall/move this program "enable
self-defense' must be unchecked!

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29

NOTE:
Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the
respective HJT forum.

Good luck

Re: software counterfeiting?
posting to this newsgroup.