Cannot Logon Gmail Account Due to Cookies

curiousgeorge

Cannot Logon Gmail Account Due to Cookies
I cannot logon to Gmail account recently. It always gives me the "cookies is
turned off" error, even after I turned it on accordingly for both First Party
and Third Party cookie setting.

I also deleted all temp files, settings, etc. It still doesn't work.

Please help!!!

Re: Cannot Logon Gmail Account Due to Cookies
IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites: type in

google.com

and Allow cookies for the domain.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

curiousgeorge wrote:
> I cannot logon to Gmail account recently. It always gives me the "cookies
> is
> turned off" error, even after I turned it on accordingly for both First
> Party and Third Party cookie setting.
>
> I also deleted all temp files, settings, etc. It still doesn't work.
>
> Please help!!!

VanguardLH

curiousgeorge wrote:

> I cannot logon to Gmail account recently. It always gives me the "cookies is
> turned off" error, even after I turned it on accordingly for both First Party
> and Third Party cookie setting.
>
> I also deleted all temp files, settings, etc. It still doesn't work.
>
> Please help!!!

Did the IE temp file cleanup include purging cookies?

Do you have security (anti-malware) software installed? Some of them
include cookie whitelisting (where they will block non-whitelisted
cookies or purge non-whitelisted cookies when you exit the last instance
of IE).

Tried running IE7 in its no-add ons mode?

Tried rebooting Windows into its safe mode (with networking) and retest?

I don't remember if Gmail requires Javascript be enabled in the web
browser. Have you tried resetting the Internet security zone to its
default level? Tried yet using the Reset button under its Advanced
options?
curiousgeorge

Re: Cannot Logon Gmail Account Due to Cookies
Thanks for the tip. It works!
Actually, google.com was listed as Always Block. After I removed it,
everything seems fine now.

I got one more question. I'm using IE 8 right now. I've configured the Tab
feature so that all new links will open new Tabs in the current window.

However, whenever I click a link, it still opens a new window instead of a
new Tab. Could you help?