Tab opening speed and focus

Spivonious

Tab opening speed and focus
At least once a day, I open a new tab while the page I'm viewing is still
new tab.

What happens instead is that the new tab opens to a blank page (my default
for new tabs) and the original tab starts loading the link I clicked.

I'm running XP Pro, SP3, on a Pentium E2140, 2GB RAM.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Tab opening speed and focus
"Spivonious" <Spivonious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At least once a day, I open a new tab while the page I'm viewing is still
> new tab.
>
> What happens instead is that the new tab opens to a blank page (my default
> for new tabs) and the original tab starts loading the link I clicked.
>
> I'm running XP Pro, SP3, on a Pentium E2140, 2GB RAM.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

That's what I would expect.
Try right clicking the link and selecting Open in a New Tab. Or using
Ctrl-click.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Spivonious

Re: Tab opening speed and focus
It bothers me because the new tab is the active tab, yet the link still loads
in the old tab because the new tab hasn't fully loaded.

I didn't know about ctrl-click. I'll do that in the future. Open in new
tab is not an option for items in the Links toolbar.