Cursor Drifting

Carl

Cursor Drifting
My cursor drifts off to either side and somtimes I lose controll of it
altogether. This problem usually manifests itself when typing on a blog or in
windows 2007. What causes this, and how can I fix it? I have all the updates
from Micrsoft, and a virus scan produced four downloaders which were
disabled. Could one of these have damaged one of my systems? The hardware
wizard finds nothing wrong with the Mouse hardware, and although I am running
an external mouse on a laptop(Dell Latitude D800 XP-SP3)I only recently have
this problem. C.S.
rob^_^

Re: Cursor Drifting
Hi Carl,

I may be wrong in your case, but I have had the same problem (cursor drifts
across the desktop), when the battery in my wireless mouse starts to run
out.

Regards.

"Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My cursor drifts off to either side and somtimes I lose controll of it
> altogether. This problem usually manifests itself when typing on a blog or
> in
> windows 2007. What causes this, and how can I fix it? I have all the
> updates
> from Micrsoft, and a virus scan produced four downloaders which were
> disabled. Could one of these have damaged one of my systems? The hardware
> wizard finds nothing wrong with the Mouse hardware, and although I am
> running
> an external mouse on a laptop(Dell Latitude D800 XP-SP3)I only recently
> have
> this problem. C.S.

Re: Cursor Drifting
Is this an IE-specific problem?

Assuming a wireless mouse, have you replaced the battery lately and have you
made certain that the receiver is not located near anything electrical
(e.g., router; desk lamp)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/