Keep getting thrown off site

Homeschool Mom

Keep getting thrown off site
When I am browsing a site and open a new tab and then try to go back to the
old tab it closing all of IE7 and says there is a problem with IE7 and then
reloads it a few minutes later by itself. I tried to load IE8 but it totally
shuts me down and sends an error message. I am stumped and frustrated. I am
a homeschool mom and need to print home work for my kids from the web and it
won't let me go back and forth between pages. What do I do? Help
Leonard Grey

Re: Keep getting thrown off site
Internet Explorer 8 has not been released yet.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Homeschool Mom wrote:
> When I am browsing a site and open a new tab and then try to go back to the
> old tab it closing all of IE7 and says there is a problem with IE7 and then
> reloads it a few minutes later by itself. I tried to load IE8 but it totally
> shuts me down and sends an error message. I am stumped and frustrated. I am
> a homeschool mom and need to print home work for my kids from the web and it
> won't let me go back and forth between pages. What do I do? Help

Re: Keep getting thrown off site
posting to this newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Homeschool Mom wrote:
> When I am browsing a site and open a new tab and then try to go back to
> the
> old tab it closing all of IE7 and says there is a problem with IE7 and
> then
> reloads it a few minutes later by itself. I tried to load IE8 but it
> totally shuts me down and sends an error message. I am stumped and
> frustrated. I am a homeschool mom and need to print home work for my kids
> from the web and it won't let me go back and forth between pages. What do
> I do? Help

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Homeschool Mom" <Homeschool Mom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I am browsing a site and open a new tab and then try to go back to
> the
> old tab it closing all of IE7 and says there is a problem with IE7 and
> then
> reloads it a few minutes later by itself. I tried to load IE8 but it
> totally
> shuts me down and sends an error message. I am stumped and frustrated. I
> am
> a homeschool mom and need to print home work for my kids from the web and
> it
> won't let me go back and forth between pages. What do I do? Help

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

VanguardLH

Homeschool Mom wrote:

> When I am browsing a site and open a new tab and then try to go back to the
> old tab it closing all of IE7 and says there is a problem with IE7 and then
> reloads it a few minutes later by itself. I tried to load IE8 but it totally
> shuts me down and sends an error message. I am stumped and frustrated. I am
> a homeschool mom and need to print home work for my kids from the web and it
> won't let me go back and forth between pages. What do I do? Help

There is no reload or crash recovery mechanism in IE that would have it
reloading an new instance of itself later. You installed an add-on or
software that initiates that behavior, which is probably the same
software causing the crashes. When IE crashes, it doesn't reload
itself. Something else is doing the reload.