how to delete favorites

TOM

how to delete favorites
I have deleted favorites from every screen there is.......under
favorite/organize;underfavorite on the top bar; on the favorite that is
pinned on the left of the screen. EVERY morning when I restart IE7 they all
come back. Any ideas as to why? Is there some place they are backed up and
then resotred when I retart the PC in the AM?
tom@vanberkem.com
Stewart

Re: how to delete favorites
Try going into Start > My Computer > C Drive > folder with your name >
Favourites
then delete them from there.

"TOM" <TOM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have deleted favorites from every screen there is.......under
> favorite/organize;underfavorite on the top bar; on the favorite that is
> pinned on the left of the screen. EVERY morning when I restart IE7 they
> all
> come back. Any ideas as to why? Is there some place they are backed up
> and
> then resotred when I retart the PC in the AM?
> tom@vanberkem.com

williamtell

Re: how to delete favorites
suggestion, check your anti virus and or anti spyware programs for settings
related to your favorites menu, could be protected.

Good luck!
--
WT

"Stewart" wrote:

> Try going into Start > My Computer > C Drive > folder with your name >
> Favourites
> then delete them from there.
>

> "TOM" <TOM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have deleted favorites from every screen there is.......under
> > favorite/organize;underfavorite on the top bar; on the favorite that is
> > pinned on the left of the screen. EVERY morning when I restart IE7 they
> > all
> > come back. Any ideas as to why? Is there some place they are backed up
> > and
> > then resotred when I retart the PC in the AM?
> > tom@vanberkem.com

Re: how to delete favorites
posting to this newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

TOM wrote:
> I have deleted favorites from every screen there is.......under
> favorite/organize;underfavorite on the top bar; on the favorite that is
> pinned on the left of the screen. EVERY morning when I restart IE7 they
> all
> come back. Any ideas as to why? Is there some place they are backed up
> and
> then resotred when I retart the PC in the AM?
> tom@vanberkem.com

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: how to delete favorites
"TOM" <TOM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have deleted favorites from every screen there is.......under
> favorite/organize;underfavorite on the top bar; on the favorite that is
> pinned on the left of the screen. EVERY morning when I restart IE7 they
> all
> come back. Any ideas as to why? Is there some place they are backed up
> and
> then resotred when I retart the PC in the AM?
> tom@vanberkem.com

It might be a security program blocking the Registry change it needs to
make. A few, but not all, of the programs now doing this are:
Ad-aware's Ad-Watch
IBM Access Connections
Kaspersky
McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware
Norton AV
Spyware Blaster
Spybot> Tools> IE Tweaks
Spybot- Teatimer
Spysweeper
Spyware Doctor
Windows Defender
Zone Alarm (free) 6.5 Reported to be fixed in later versions.

In the case of Zone Alarm 6.5 or Norton 2007 it actually has to be
uninstalled. Make sure the Windows Firewall is turned on until you
reinstall Zone Alarm.

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and try the change.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

chief_architect

RE: how to delete favorites

"TOM" wrote:

> I have deleted favorites from every screen there is.......under
> favorite/organize;underfavorite on the top bar; on the favorite that is
> pinned on the left of the screen. EVERY morning when I restart IE7 they all
> come back. Any ideas as to why? Is there some place they are backed up and
> then resotred when I retart the PC in the AM?
> tom@vanberkem.com

ju.c

Re: how to delete favorites
Where's the rest of the posts?