getting rid of dial up connection box

vangogh

getting rid of dial up connection box
Although I have had a broadband connection for a year now the dial up
connection box keeps popping unsolicited, sometimes when I am working
offline, other times while already online. I have gone into connections in
the control panel and checked the 'never dial a connection' option but it
always reverts to the default setting sooner rather than later. I have
contacted my ISP and they can only suggest the steps I have already taken.
Today multiples of the dial up box appeared and took some time to close - the
final one refusing to go, so I had to shut down my computer to get rid of it.
I am using Vista home premium and tearing my hair out,
can anyone out there offer any assistance please?!
--
vincent

Re: getting rid of dial up connection box
One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
but are not limited to Ad-aware Pro Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
(Free, Pro, & Security Suite).

What's your default Mail Client (e.g., Outlook; Windows Mail; Windows Live
Mail)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

vangogh wrote:
> Although I have had a broadband connection for a year now the dial up
> connection box keeps popping unsolicited, sometimes when I am working
> offline, other times while already online. I have gone into connections in
> the control panel and checked the 'never dial a connection' option but it
> always reverts to the default setting sooner rather than later. I have
> contacted my ISP and they can only suggest the steps I have already taken.
> Today multiples of the dial up box appeared and took some time to close -
> the final one refusing to go, so I had to shut down my computer to get rid
> of it. I am using Vista home premium and tearing my hair out,
> can anyone out there offer any assistance please?!

vangogh

Re: getting rid of dial up connection box
thanks for the response PA Bear,
I do use Norton Security (though not sure exactly what product - told you I
was a novice) and both Windows live mail and BT Yahoo mail. Do you have any
further advice on how to solve the problem?
--
vincent