cant access facebook

reenie85

cant access facebook
all other websites are working apart from facebook. tried facenook on my mums
laptop so i know the website is working. what could be the problem?

Leonard Grey

Re: cant access facebook
You could start by saying what version and service pack of Windows you
have, what version of Internet Explorer you are using and describing
exactly what happens when you go to Facebook.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

reenie85 wrote:
> all other websites are working apart from facebook. tried facenook on my mums
> laptop so i know the website is working. what could be the problem?

reenie85

RE: cant access facebook
i am using Windows Vista Home ed and internet explorer 7.

"reenie85" wrote:

> all other websites are working apart from facebook. tried facenook on my mums
> laptop so i know the website is working. what could be the problem?

reenie85

Re: cant access facebook
When i try 2 go on the site it just acts like its loading but never does load
up no matter how long i leave it leaving a blank page. Using windows vista &
internet explorer 7.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> You could start by saying what version and service pack of Windows you
> have, what version of Internet Explorer you are using and describing
> exactly what happens when you go to Facebook.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> reenie85 wrote:
> > all other websites are working apart from facebook. tried facenook on my mums
> > laptop so i know the website is working. what could be the problem?

Leonard Grey

Re: cant access facebook
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

reenie85 wrote:
> When i try 2 go on the site it just acts like its loading but never does load
> up no matter how long i leave it leaving a blank page. Using windows vista &
> internet explorer 7.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> You could start by saying what version and service pack of Windows you
>> have, what version of Internet Explorer you are using and describing
>> exactly what happens when you go to Facebook.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> reenie85 wrote:
>>> all other websites are working apart from facebook. tried facenook on my mums
>>> laptop so i know the website is working. what could be the problem?

tim Wyeth

Re: cant access facebook
Hey leonard, I am having this same problem. the only web site that won't load
is facebook. I have used it on other computers and it is fine so dont know
why it wont load. I have tried loading internet explorer 7 with no add ons
and it doesnt make a difference. I am using vista which is all up to date.
any help would be appreiacted as its a site we use frequently.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
> of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> reenie85 wrote:
> > When i try 2 go on the site it just acts like its loading but never does load
> > up no matter how long i leave it leaving a blank page. Using windows vista &
> > internet explorer 7.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> You could start by saying what version and service pack of Windows you
> >> have, what version of Internet Explorer you are using and describing
> >> exactly what happens when you go to Facebook.
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare Humanum Est

Chan Rollo

Re: cant access facebook
Hi i am using Windows xp 2003 edition, internet explorer 07

facebook used to load ok but then one day when i tried uploading pics to the
site it said to install activ x i tried this and now everytime it loads the
layout is funny and in the bottom left corner says "error on page"

help please