IE 7

Bert

IE 7
I had a virus on my PC. I have since cleaned it out. Now when I open IE to
my home page it goes right to Microsoft security page. I can't even access
my home page from my browser. It keeps going to MS security page. Any ideas
how to fix this?
--
Later

Re: IE 7
Based on the scant information you've posted, I'd think you have more work
to do, Bert...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Bert wrote:
> I had a virus on my PC. I have since cleaned it out. Now when I open IE
> my home page it goes right to Microsoft security page. I can't even
> access
> my home page from my browser. It keeps going to MS security page. Any
> ideas how to fix this?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7
What is the title of the Microsoft security page?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Bert wrote:
> I had a virus on my PC. I have since cleaned it out. Now when I open IE to
> my home page it goes right to Microsoft security page. I can't even access
> my home page from my browser. It keeps going to MS security page. Any ideas
> how to fix this?

Bert

Re: IE 7
It just says Microsoft Security Center.
--
Later

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> What is the title of the Microsoft security page?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Bert wrote:
> > I had a virus on my PC. I have since cleaned it out. Now when I open IE to
> > my home page it goes right to Microsoft security page. I can't even access
> > my home page from my browser. It keeps going to MS security page. Any ideas
> > how to fix this?

Re: IE 7
Repost:

Bert wrote:
> It just says Microsoft Security Center.
>
>> What is the title of the Microsoft security page?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> Bert wrote:
>>> I had a virus on my PC. I have since cleaned it out. Now when I open
>>> IE
>>> to my home page it goes right to Microsoft security page. I can't even
>>> access my home page from my browser. It keeps going to MS security
>>> page.
>>> Any ideas how to fix this?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7
What the Bear said. Your computer is probably infected.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est