"not resonding" applications

Fran

"not resonding" applications
Using IE7 & XP. For reasons unknown to me I have been getting frequent
hanging of web pages when working in IE7. This has only been in recent
weeks. This seems to happen when click on a website link. I do not work
with more than 2-4 windows open at one time. So, when one window hangs
(hourglass appears and stays on), I use contol/alt/delete to open Windows
Task Manager and "end" the non-responding application. Then all windows
close down. Is there something(s) that I can do to fix this problem? All
help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Fran

Leonard Grey

Re: "not resonding" applications
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Fran wrote:
> Using IE7 & XP. For reasons unknown to me I have been getting frequent
> hanging of web pages when working in IE7. This has only been in recent
> weeks. This seems to happen when click on a website link. I do not work
> with more than 2-4 windows open at one time. So, when one window hangs
> (hourglass appears and stays on), I use contol/alt/delete to open Windows
> Task Manager and "end" the non-responding application. Then all windows
> close down. Is there something(s) that I can do to fix this problem? All
> help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Fran

Re: "not resonding" applications
STEP ONE:

=> Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
or

2. Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

=> Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?

STEP TWO (if necessary):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware