IE7 not printing webpages...

Boink

IE7 not printing webpages...
.... and sorry if this is an old one.

IE7 works just fine on my Vista-based system, and it prints to an HP laser printer just fine. The printer is set to my computer but we have a LAN.

However, my wife's computer (also a Vista machine) used to print, through the network just fine, but now she can't. Specifically, all printer needs are met just fine EXCEPT printing a webpage. When she tries, IE7 just closes down and that's it.

I have a work-around. BEFORE, and only before, she opens IE7, she must right-click on the icon and "open as administrator" and then all is well. Nobody seems to know, and I've done a relatively exhaustive look in cyberspace. HP doesn't have a clue either.

The problem has been discussed "out there"... but no solution works for us. We've tried managing the Add-ons, and we are not running the anti-viral software that is known to cause this problem. About the only thing new on her machine is SP1. Again, all other printer needs are met (WORD, Exel, Acrobat, etc.)... just not a webpage.

Thoughts?

Re: IE7 not printing webpages...
Issue
========
When printing in IE7 on Vista SP1 with UAC enabled, the following error message is received:

"Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

Cause
========
When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only write to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity level setting.

Resolution
========
Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:

icacls C:\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

[Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
"Boink" wrote:
[...]

Ooo... interesting. Not heard this, but it makes sense. I'll have a look!
Thanks!
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tmy5jfQJHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Issue
========

"Boink" wrote:
[...]

Robert: I'm not entire sure how to do this. Where do I run this command (i.e., where does it go)?
- Mark

Re: IE7 not printing webpages...
HOW TO Open a Command Prompt window - Windows Vista Help:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...bf76f1033.mspx

"Boink" <boink@boink.org> wrote in message news:AE9AA4AF-C6B3-4D41-8912-83E56F62315F@microsoft.com...
Resolution
========