Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE7 not printing webpages...

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Speedup My PC
Old 11-08-2008
Boink

IE7 not printing webpages...
.... and sorry if this is an old one.

IE7 works just fine on my Vista-based system, and it prints to an HP laser printer just fine. The printer is set to my computer but we have a LAN.

However, my wife's computer (also a Vista machine) used to print, through the network just fine, but now she can't. Specifically, all printer needs are met just fine EXCEPT printing a webpage. When she tries, IE7 just closes down and that's it.

I have a work-around. BEFORE, and only before, she opens IE7, she must right-click on the icon and "open as administrator" and then all is well. Nobody seems to know, and I've done a relatively exhaustive look in cyberspace. HP doesn't have a clue either.

The problem has been discussed "out there"... but no solution works for us. We've tried managing the Add-ons, and we are not running the anti-viral software that is known to cause this problem. About the only thing new on her machine is SP1. Again, all other printer needs are met (WORD, Exel, Acrobat, etc.)... just not a webpage.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Re: IE7 not printing webpages...
Issue
========
When printing in IE7 on Vista SP1 with UAC enabled, the following error message is received:

"Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

Cause
========
When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only write to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity level setting.

Resolution
========
Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:

icacls C:\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

[Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
"Boink" wrote:
... and sorry if this is an old one.

IE7 works just fine on my Vista-based system, and it prints to an HP laser printer just fine. The printer is set to my computer but we have a LAN.

However, my wife's computer (also a Vista machine) used to print, through the network just fine, but now she can't. Specifically, all printer needs are met just fine EXCEPT printing a webpage. When she tries, IE7 just closes down and that's it.

I have a work-around. BEFORE, and only before, she opens IE7, she must right-click on the icon and "open as administrator" and then all is well. Nobody seems to know, and I've done a relatively exhaustive look in cyberspace. HP doesn't have a clue either.

The problem has been discussed "out there"... but no solution works for us. We've tried managing the Add-ons, and we are not running the anti-viral software that is known to cause this problem. About the only thing new on her machine is SP1. Again, all other printer needs are met (WORD, Exel, Acrobat, etc.)... just not a webpage.

Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2008
Boink

Ooo... interesting. Not heard this, but it makes sense. I'll have a look!
Thanks!
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23tmy5jfQJHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Issue
========
When printing in IE7 on Vista SP1 with UAC enabled, the following error message is received:

"Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

Cause
========
When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only write to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity level setting.

Resolution
========
Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:

icacls C:\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

[Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
"Boink" wrote:
... and sorry if this is an old one.

Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2008
Boink

Resolution
========
Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder: icacls C:\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

Robert: I'm not entire sure how to do this. Where do I run this command (i.e., where does it go)?
- Mark

Old 11-09-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]

HOW TO Open a Command Prompt window - Windows Vista Help:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...bf76f1033.mspx

"Boink" <boink@boink.org> wrote in message news:AE9AA4AF-C6B3-4D41-8912-83E56F62315F@microsoft.com...
Resolution
========
Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder: icacls C:\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

Robert: I'm not entire sure how to do this. Where do I run this command (i.e., where does it go)?
- Mark

Old 11-09-2008
Boink

Thank you.
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23JMSYxfQJHA.5064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

"Boink" <boink@boink.org> wrote in message news:AE9AA4AF-C6B3-4D41-8912-83E56F62315F@microsoft.com...
Resolution
========

- Mark

Old 11-09-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]

YW
"Boink" <boink@boink.org> wrote in message news:F9A66143-F425-4C89-A5D7-CE1BE2EDFB36@microsoft.com...
Thank you.
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23JMSYxfQJHA.5064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Resolution
========

- Mark