IE7 has stopped working

Gan

IE7 has stopped working
I'm on windown vista.

One week ago, I encountered the following message when I tried to open
internet explorer:

Internet Explorer has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Since then I have not been able to open internet explorer. How can I resolve
this problem

Re: IE7 has stopped working
In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Gan wrote:
> I'm on windown vista.
>
> One week ago, I encountered the following message when I tried to open
> internet explorer:
>
> Internet Explorer has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>
> Since then I have not been able to open internet explorer. How can I
> resolve
> this problem

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE7 has stopped working
"Gan" <Gan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm on windown vista.
>
> One week ago, I encountered the following message when I tried to open
> internet explorer:
>
> Internet Explorer has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>
> Since then I have not been able to open internet explorer. How can I
> resolve
> this problem

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages, including HijackThis.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email