Internet Explorer

babypink2807@googlemail.com

Internet Explorer
Hi, not sure if this is the right group to post to but here goes.

I have a laptop which came with Vista Home etc. I have asked if I can
owrk from home a few days not a problem, and was given a URL to use
Outlook Web Access so I can access my webmail, fine no problem,
excpet.

When I click on the URL, its states

Revocation Information for the security information for this site is
not avilable fo you wish to proceed? I then click yes

I then then get a security alert giving me resons as to the popup.

Do I wish to proceed, I click yes

I then get my login for access to my work server and all is ok

I then get "There is a problem with this website's security
certificate." on the webpage

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a
trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).

I then select Continue

Put my login in again and get into my webmail, however there is a
problem, in the URL web bar I get a note of a certificate error that
it is untrusted. But when I click on it and view there is a
certificate thre but it states This certificate cannot be verified up
to trusted certification authority.

Therefore I can read my emails but I cannot do anything at all, like
create one, forward or reply

Pleae help, I am at a loss as to what to do?

Re: Internet Explorer
[Crossposted to Exchange Clients]

You receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks, or
you must click to enable the compose frame in Outlook Web Access
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829

1. First you'll need to speak with the IT Admin at work so they can make
certain that Exchange update cited in KB911829 above has been installed.

2. Then you may need to take some additional steps on your end:

=> Place the URL you have to access OWA in Trusted Sites zone: IE Tools |
Internet Options | Security. NB: You may need to log-on to Vista as
Administrator to accomplish this.

=> If no joy, see this discussion:
http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix

Good luck.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

On 8 Nov, 15:45, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Crossposted to Exchange Clients]
>
> You receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks, or
> you must click to enable the compose frame in Outlook Web Accesshttp://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829
>
> 1. First you'll need to speak with the IT Admin at work so they can make
> certain that Exchange update cited in KB911829 above has been installed.
>
> 2. Then you may need to take some additional steps on your end:
>
> => Place the URL you have to access OWA in Trusted Sites zone: IE Tools|
> Internet Options | Security. *NB: You may need to log-on to Vista as
> Administrator to accomplish this.
>
> => If no joy, see this discussion:http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-fix-for-inter...
>
> Good luck.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/
>

> babypink2...@googlemail.com wrote:
> > Hi, not sure if this is the right group to post to but here goes.

> > I have a laptop which came with Vista Home etc. *I have asked if I can
> > owrk from home a few days not a problem, and was given a URL to use
> > Outlook Web Access so I can access my webmail, fine no problem,
> > excpet.

> > When I click on the URL, its states

> > Revocation Information for the security information for this site is
> > not avilable fo you wish to proceed? *I then click yes

> > I then then get a security alert giving me resons as to the popup.

> > Do I wish to proceed, I click yes

> > I then get my login for access to my work server and all is ok

> > I then get "There is a problem with this website's security
> > certificate." on the webpage

> > The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a
> > trusted certificate authority.

> > Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or
> > intercept any data you send to the server.
> > We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
> > website.
> > Click here to close this webpage.
> > Continue to this website (not recommended).

> > I then select Continue

> > Put my login in again and get into my webmail, however there is a
> > problem, in the URL web bar I get a note of a certificate error that
> > it is untrusted. *But when I click on it and view there is a
> > certificate thre but it states This certificate cannot be verified up
> > to trusted certification authority.

> > Therefore I can read my emails but I cannot do anything at all, like
> > create one, forward or reply

> > Pleae help, I am at a loss as to what to do?- Hide quoted text -

Hi, ok I have managed to sort this one out with the certificate, no
idea what I have done. I have downloaded http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829
and run the exe file, but it throws an error. But the good news is I
can get properly into Web Mail Access, however I still cannot edit,
forward, or reply in Outlook Web Access.

Re: Internet Explorer
> [...]

>>> Continue to this website (not recommended).

>>> I then select Continue

>>> Put my login in again and get into my webmail, however there is a
>>> problem, in the URL web bar I get a note of a certificate error that
>>> it is untrusted. But when I click on it and view there is a
>>> certificate thre but it states This certificate cannot be verified up
>>> to trusted certification authority.

>>> Therefore I can read my emails but I cannot do anything at all, like
>>> create one, forward or reply

>>> Pleae help, I am at a loss as to what to do?

> Hi, ok I have managed to sort this one out with the certificate, no
> idea what I have done. I have downloaded
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829
> and run the exe file, but it throws an error. But the good news is I
> can get properly into Web Mail Access, however I still cannot edit,
> forward, or reply in Outlook Web Access.

Your Admin at work must make sure that KB911829 has been installed on the
Exchange server. It's not something your machine needs.
--
~PA Bear