Multiple requests to website

Chris

Multiple requests to website
I am running IE7, and any link click spawns a secondary request to the root
of the site I am visiting. I can see this by running wireshark.

Example:

On cnn.com, click on a link on a link the browser goes to the link but I see
a second request to /

I am running IE in "no add-on" mode and I reset all the IE settings. I ran
the Windows Live One Care, McAffee virus protector, Spybot and CWShredder.

Is there any way I can see why IE is making these multple requests? Some
sites reset various cookies if you hit the home page so it has become an
issue. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Also, this issue does not exists in Firefox.

Thanks
multiple request on website

RE: Multiple requests to website
had the same problem drove me nuts,i am on ie8 beta 2,i dumped all the virus
programs avasti and others i just put in a new one called Rising (free) from
snapfiles i thk spent all night must be careful as its from asia but
everything is working good ie7 was also a pain with the not display page
,rarely here . good luck

"Chris" wrote:

> I am running IE7, and any link click spawns a secondary request to the root
> of the site I am visiting. I can see this by running wireshark.
>
> Example:
>
> On cnn.com, click on a link on a link the browser goes to the link but I see
> a second request to /
>
> I am running IE in "no add-on" mode and I reset all the IE settings. I ran
> the Windows Live One Care, McAffee virus protector, Spybot and CWShredder.
>
> Is there any way I can see why IE is making these multple requests? Some
> sites reset various cookies if you hit the home page so it has become an
> issue. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
>
> Also, this issue does not exists in Firefox.
>
> Thanks

Robert Aldwinckle

"Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55953C2E-FBC5-497B-9108-50E6D7D97B68@microsoft.com...
>I am running IE7, and any link click spawns a secondary request to the root
> of the site I am visiting. I can see this by running wireshark.

IE7 does requests for favicon.ico at the root.
Is that what you're seeing?

---

> Example:
>
> On cnn.com, click on a link on a link the browser goes to the link but I see
> a second request to /
>
> I am running IE in "no add-on" mode and I reset all the IE settings. I ran
> the Windows Live One Care, McAffee virus protector, Spybot and CWShredder.
>
> Is there any way I can see why IE is making these multple requests? Some
> sites reset various cookies if you hit the home page so it has become an
> issue. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
>
> Also, this issue does not exists in Firefox.
>
> Thanks

Chris

Re: Multiple requests to website
Unfortunatly no, the request seems to be going to /

The 404 logi on our site has it go to a specific page that is not / and we
have a favicon file in the root. (I see the request and it comes back as 200)