iexplore.exe

texancobra52

iexplore.exe
I have 2 iexplore.exe listings in my windows task manager under processes.
One is now showing 63k memory usuage the other 65k with 15k memory under idle
process. Why am I showing 2 iexplore.exe listings? In my add/delete I have 1
IE7 that is showing frequent use with the last usuage over a year ago but
shows all my updates with IE7 and the recent on 10/17/08. My computer has
been sluggish with some freezing occasionally. I am showing no viruses or
trojans with several scans with my avg protection. Anything I can do? Thanks
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: iexplore.exe
"texancobra52" <texancobra52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1238F8F-7492-4ADF-8002-7D74311B693E@microsoft.com...
>I have 2 iexplore.exe listings in my windows task manager under processes.
> One is now showing 63k memory usuage the other 65k with 15k memory under
> idle
> process. Why am I showing 2 iexplore.exe listings? In my add/delete I have
> 1
> IE7 that is showing frequent use with the last usuage over a year ago but
> shows all my updates with IE7 and the recent on 10/17/08. My computer has
> been sluggish with some freezing occasionally. I am showing no viruses or
> trojans with several scans with my avg protection. Anything I can do?
> Thanks

Do you have two IE windows open?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

texancobra52

Re: iexplore.exe
I don't think so. I called microsoft and they gave me a site for pc health
and safety and I ran a complete 2 hr scan. I had alot temp internet files
and some registry issues. I am showing 1 iexplore.exe now in my task manager.
This older dell puter with 512 MB physical is really a fossil and probably
need to upgrade to a faster one. I have windows xp home edition and I have a
partition ( wish I had never done that). Tech support somehow isolated me to
just using the d:/ drive for everything but I am really wasting alot of space
by not using the c:/ disk. I am showing 8GB used with 28GB free in my drive D
ntfs. I know this is a whole new issue and I probably need to repost in
another discussion listing. Just with having an 80GB hard drive and only
being able to use 37.2 GB is not good.
"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "texancobra52" <texancobra52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news1238F8F-7492-4ADF-8002-7D74311B693E@microsoft.com...
> >I have 2 iexplore.exe listings in my windows task manager under processes.
> > One is now showing 63k memory usuage the other 65k with 15k memory under
> > idle
> > process. Why am I showing 2 iexplore.exe listings? In my add/delete I have
> > 1
> > IE7 that is showing frequent use with the last usuage over a year ago but
> > shows all my updates with IE7 and the recent on 10/17/08. My computer has
> > been sluggish with some freezing occasionally. I am showing no viruses or
> > trojans with several scans with my avg protection. Anything I can do?
> > Thanks

> Do you have two IE windows open?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM