IE Keeps closing down/restarting

Rikkai

IE Keeps closing down/restarting
For some reason IE7 continues to freeze up after a while and then has to
restart all over. It does this frequently and my computer is only 3 months
old so I doubt its the computer. Does this happen to anyone else or doesnt
anyoen know how to solve this?
Leonard Grey

Re: IE Keeps closing down/restarting
Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Rikkai wrote:
> For some reason IE7 continues to freeze up after a while and then has to
> restart all over. It does this frequently and my computer is only 3 months
> old so I doubt its the computer. Does this happen to anyone else or doesnt
> anyoen know how to solve this?

Kayman

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:37:01 -0800, Rikkai wrote:

> For some reason IE7 continues to freeze up after a while and then has to
> restart all over. It does this frequently and my computer is only 3 months
> old so I doubt its the computer. Does this happen to anyone else or doesnt
> anyoen know how to solve this?

1.Clear the (IE) temporary Internet files and the history cache.
Click Start==>Run... then type (or copy/paste) "inetcpl.cpl" (w/out
quotation marks) into the box, then click the 'OK' button.
In Internet Properties panel 'General' tab, under 'Browsing history', click
'Delete...'button, in 'Delete Browsing History' panel, click the 'Delete
all...'button then place a checkmark into the box beside 'Also delete files
and settings stored by add-ons', Click 'Yes' and exit the Internet
Properties panel by clicking the 'OK' button.

2.Clean HDD
Click Start==>Run... then type (or copy/paste) "cleanmgr" (w/out quotation
marks into the box, then click the 'OK' button. Select your drive
(presumably WinXP (C and click OK.
--or--
2a.Delete files using Disk Cleanup (if on Vista)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...139d91033.mspx

3.Download/execute:
Malwarebytesİ Corporation - Anti-Malware
--and--
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

4.Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29

NOTE: Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora
before posting a HJT log and read the 'stickies'
(instructions/guidelines) for the respective HJT forum.

5.Routinely practice Safe-Hex.
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

Additional references:
How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213
Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Read: "What you must know"
Applies to: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP and
Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista

Good luck
md

Re: IE Keeps closing down/restarting
This seems to be an increasingly common issue. Here are some possible
solutions:

http://www.overclock.net/windows/271...-exe-loop.html

Also, have you recently upgraded your Flash? If so, this might be
worth reading:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...&enterthread=y
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Rikkai" <Rikkai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason IE7 continues to freeze up after a while and then has to
> restart all over. It does this frequently and my computer is only 3 months
> old so I doubt its the computer. Does this happen to anyone else or doesnt
> anyoen know how to solve this?

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email