WLM Beta -- RSS Feeds give IE7 security error

Paul Burkart

WLM Beta -- RSS Feeds give IE7 security error
I just recently installed the latest WLM Beta version on an XP SP2 system
that just upgraded to the latest version of IE7 (I usually run Firefox, so I
was a bit late in that). I'm a huge fan of the program, especially since I
have a Hotmail account, but one thing that isn't working right is the
built-in RSS Feeds Reader.

I have set up several feeds to try it out and enabled each feed to display
the HTML webpage view of the feeds, so I get the entire pages with pictures,
embedded videos, links, etc., in WLM. It looks good, but with almost every
feed I click on, I get an IE7 security warning. A box that says, "This page
has an unspecified potential security risk. Would you like to continue?"
pops up... every single time! Whether I click yes or no doesn't seem to
matter, as the page eventually displays anyway (and it displays perfectly).
But I have to click once, twice, even as many as four times on this security
error box just to read a single feed item. I've adjusted the security
settings in IE7 to ridiculously low levels to see if that would help, and it
did nothing.

Anyone have an idea of what's wrong and how to fix it? It's incredibly
frustrating to have to click through multiple error boxes (all saying the
same thing) just to read any posts.

Thanks in advance!
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: WLM Beta -- RSS Feeds give IE7 security error

"Paul Burkart" <PaulBurkart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23FF0220-DEE3-40ED-B07C-506D8675C32F@microsoft.com...
>I just recently installed the latest WLM Beta version on an XP SP2 system
> that just upgraded to the latest version of IE7 (I usually run Firefox, so I
> was a bit late in that). I'm a huge fan of the program, especially since I
> have a Hotmail account, but one thing that isn't working right is the
> built-in RSS Feeds Reader.
>
> I have set up several feeds to try it out and enabled each feed to display
> the HTML webpage view of the feeds, so I get the entire pages with pictures,
> embedded videos, links, etc., in WLM. It looks good, but

> with almost every feed I click on, I get an IE7 security warning.

Examples of each? Perhaps you are subscribing to the wrong type of feed? ; )