AGAIN Unin - Rein Adobe Flash Player

emmakat

AGAIN Unin - Rein Adobe Flash Player
I have a DELL Inspiron 530, new in 01/08, new hard drive in 07/08. Since the
new hard drive has been installed my HP stuff and my Adobe Flash player don't
want to work together. I have tried all of the uninstall and reinstall
suggestions. They make the HPstuff work but web sites keep telling me they
need Adobe Flash player. Yes, it shows up in programs installed, but there
is no info on the right side of the windodw as with other programs. Please
help! I am soooo tired of doing this over and over. Will using Firefox
remedy it?

Thanks
--
ek
Vista Newbie

Re: AGAIN Unin - Rein Adobe Flash Player
I had the identical problem. Don’t recall where I read it, but it was due
to the fact that I was running a 64 bit OS. Apparently Adobe Flash Player
will only run on 32 bit browsers and the IE7 browser installed on my
notebook must be a 64 bit browser also.

I still use IE7 as my default browser but whenever I land on a site that
requires Adobe Flash Player, I launch Firefox and it works just fine.

Hope that helps.

"emmakat" <emmakat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a DELL Inspiron 530, new in 01/08, new hard drive in 07/08. Since
> the
> new hard drive has been installed my HP stuff and my Adobe Flash player
> don't
> want to work together. I have tried all of the uninstall and reinstall
> suggestions. They make the HPstuff work but web sites keep telling me they
> need Adobe Flash player. Yes, it shows up in programs installed, but
> there
> is no info on the right side of the windodw as with other programs. Please
> help! I am soooo tired of doing this over and over. Will using Firefox
> remedy it?
>
> Thanks
> --
> ek

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: AGAIN Unin - Rein Adobe Flash Player
"emmakat" <emmakat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a DELL Inspiron 530, new in 01/08, new hard drive in 07/08. Since
>the
> new hard drive has been installed my HP stuff and my Adobe Flash player
> don't
> want to work together. I have tried all of the uninstall and reinstall
> suggestions. They make the HPstuff work but web sites keep telling me they
> need Adobe Flash player. Yes, it shows up in programs installed, but
> there
> is no info on the right side of the windodw as with other programs. Please
> help! I am soooo tired of doing this over and over. Will using Firefox
> remedy it?
>
> Thanks
> --
> ek

Try uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. Use the uninstaller at
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
Flash player download:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
If there are still problems see
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=fb1634cb

Error message when you try to open an ActiveX control-based MIME handler in
Windows Internet Explorer 7: "Invalid character"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934366

Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the
Flash Player Installation.
See
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=fb1634cb

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Donald Anadell

Re: AGAIN Unin - Rein Adobe Flash Player

"emmakat" <emmakat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a DELL Inspiron 530, new in 01/08, new hard drive in 07/08. Since
>the
> new hard drive has been installed my HP stuff and my Adobe Flash player
> don't
> want to work together. I have tried all of the uninstall and reinstall
> suggestions. They make the HPstuff work but web sites keep telling me they
> need Adobe Flash player. Yes, it shows up in programs installed, but
> there
> is no info on the right side of the windodw as with other programs. Please
> help! I am soooo tired of doing this over and over. Will using Firefox
> remedy it?

Windows Vista?

If so, navigate to the following folder on your hard drive:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

Inside that folder you will see a file named "FlashUtil10a.exe".

Make sure you are online, rightclick on "FlashUtil10a.exe" and run as
administrator. Allow the utility to udate the Flash player.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell