Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter.)
1. Internet Options> Advanced> check Reuse windows for launching Internet
2. Internet Options> General> Tabs> Settings:
Try different settings for:
* When a pop-up is encountered
* Open links from other programs in
3. See if a browser add-on is causing this:
See: 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an
Problem: Crashes or hangs
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
Hope this helps,
[MS MVP- IE]
"Janosh22" <Janosh22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I saved a simple HTML page on my local drive and bookmarked it (in IE 7).
> When I click on the bookmark, the page always opens in new window. This
> behaviour suddenly appeared, without changing anything under "inter
> I had a look both in the properties of the bookmarks and generel internet
> options. But I couldn't find the reason.
> I never had problem with this befor.. only a coulple of days ago IE
> to act up.