IEconnection

chequer

IEconnection
WindowsXP 2002 Pro SP3 – Office 2003 – Internet Explorer7
Ipstar satellite connection, Transfer speed 512/256

My internet connections appear to be slowing up a bit lately, so I thought
that I would uninstall my current IE7, then reinstall it from my saved
download of IE7.
I didn’t get too far as I got a warning message, and I wasn’t game enough to
proceed.
Can I install my downloaded IE7 over my current IE 7?
Is there a program that can be used to fix it?

Warning
The following programs were installed on your computer after Inteernet
Explorer 7
Ask Toolbar
AVG Free 8.0
PIXMA Extended Survey Program
Canon My Printer
Canion Utilities Solutiom Menu
Canion Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint EX
Epson Printer Software
Google Update
InCD
Hotfix for Windows Format 11 SDK [KB929399]
Security Update for Windows Media Player
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 [KB956390]
Security Update for Windows XP [KB956391]
Security Update for Windows XP [KB956803]
Security Update for Windows XP [KB956841]
Security Update for Windows XP [KB957095]
Security Update for Windows XP [KB958644]
Nero OEM
Pretty Good Solitaire version 11.0.1
Canon iP4500 series
Windows Installer Clean Up
Google Earth
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Ad-Aware

--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.
Leonard Grey

Re: IEconnection
The speed of your internet connection is determined by your ISP.
Reinstalling Internet Explorer will not improve the speed of your
internet connection.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

chequer wrote:
> WindowsXP 2002 Pro SP3 – Office 2003 – Internet Explorer7
> Ipstar satellite connection, Transfer speed 512/256
>
> My internet connections appear to be slowing up a bit lately, so I thought
> that I would uninstall my current IE7, then reinstall it from my saved
> download of IE7.
> I didn’t get too far as I got a warning message, and I wasn’t game enough to
> proceed.
> Can I install my downloaded IE7 over my current IE 7?
> Is there a program that can be used to fix it?
>
> Warning
> The following programs were installed on your computer after Inteernet
> Explorer 7
> Ask Toolbar
> AVG Free 8.0
> PIXMA Extended Survey Program
> Canon My Printer
> Canion Utilities Solutiom Menu
> Canion Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint EX
> Epson Printer Software
> Google Update
> InCD
> Hotfix for Windows Format 11 SDK [KB929399]
> Security Update for Windows Media Player
> Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 [KB956390]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB956391]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB956803]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB956841]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB957095]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB958644]
> Nero OEM
> Pretty Good Solitaire version 11.0.1
> Canon iP4500 series
> Windows Installer Clean Up
> Google Earth
> Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
> Ad-Aware

Re: IEconnection
I very much doubt that uninstalling/reinstalling IE7 would make any
difference, chequer.

<QP>
A solar wind stream is heading toward Earth and it could spark geomagnetic
storms when it arrives on Nov. 6th or 7th.
</QP>
Source: http://www.spaceweather.com/

It's highly likely that the above may be affecting your connection right now
(i.e., 06 Nov-08).

Moving on...

Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? Assuming the latter, chances
are that it'd be OK to ignore those warnings. However, you should check in
at Windows Update after uninstalling IE7 (if you plan on testing your
connection using IE6) or after reinstalling IE7.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

chequer wrote:
> WindowsXP 2002 Pro SP3 – Office 2003 – Internet Explorer7
> Ipstar satellite connection, Transfer speed 512/256
>
> My internet connections appear to be slowing up a bit lately, so I thought
> that I would uninstall my current IE7, then reinstall it from my saved
> download of IE7.
> I didn’t get too far as I got a warning message, and I wasn’t game enough
> proceed.
> Can I install my downloaded IE7 over my current IE 7?
> Is there a program that can be used to fix it?
>
> Warning
> The following programs were installed on your computer after Inteernet
> Explorer 7
> Ask Toolbar
> AVG Free 8.0
> PIXMA Extended Survey Program
> Canon My Printer
> Canion Utilities Solutiom Menu
> Canion Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint EX
> Epson Printer Software
> Google Update
> InCD
> Hotfix for Windows Format 11 SDK [KB929399]
> Security Update for Windows Media Player
> Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 [KB956390]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB956391]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB956803]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB956841]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB957095]
> Security Update for Windows XP [KB958644]
> Nero OEM
> Pretty Good Solitaire version 11.0.1
> Canon iP4500 series
> Windows Installer Clean Up
> Google Earth
> Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
> Ad-Aware

chequer

Re: IEconnection
Thanks Leonard,

I emailed my server re this and they advised me to remove SP3 and go back to
SP2.
I searched AUHMA to find out how to do this and came up with:

How To Safely, Sanely, and Wisely Uninstall a Failed XP Service Pack 3
Installation
1. Boot to Safe Mode. Use Add or Remove Programs. Reboot.
This is absolutely the best way to uninstall Service Pack 3.
I think he meant: 1. Boot to Safe Mode. Use Add or Remove Programs.(
uninstall SP3 ). Reboot.
I did this and had a lot of strife. ie 1 incident was every time I exited my
PC it kept advising me to reinstall SP#.
I then did a System Restore. At present all is OK, and I’m again using SP3.

chequer

Re: IEconnection
Thanks PA Bear,
See my reply to Leonard Grey.
I knew when I had the satellite dish installed that sun spots might would
cause trouble.
I had to got to a satellite connection as my house wiring wouldn't allow any
other connection. (something to do with copper cabling or wiring)
I noticed that 'Read and rate the response' is still not functional, at
least not on my PC, all I got was a blank MS page. I had to do a search for
my post.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I very much doubt that uninstalling/reinstalling IE7 would make any
> difference, chequer.
>
> <QP>
> A solar wind stream is heading toward Earth and it could spark geomagnetic
> storms when it arrives on Nov. 6th or 7th.
> </QP>
> Source: http://www.spaceweather.com/
>
> It's highly likely that the above may be affecting your connection right now
> (i.e., 06 Nov-08).
>
> Moving on...
>
> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? Assuming the latter, chances
> are that it'd be OK to ignore those warnings. However, you should check in
> at Windows Update after uninstalling IE7 (if you plan on testing your
> connection using IE6) or after reinstalling IE7.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> chequer wrote:
> > WindowsXP 2002 Pro SP3 – Office 2003 – Internet Explorer7
> > Ipstar satellite connection, Transfer speed 512/256
> >
> > My internet connections appear to be slowing up a bit lately, so I thought
> > that I would uninstall my current IE7, then reinstall it from my saved
> > download of IE7.
> > I didn’t get too far as I got a warning message, and I wasn’t game enough
> > proceed.
> > Can I install my downloaded IE7 over my current IE 7?
> > Is there a program that can be used to fix it?
> >
> > Warning
> > The following programs were installed on your computer after Inteernet
> > Explorer 7
> > Ask Toolbar
> > AVG Free 8.0
> > PIXMA Extended Survey Program
> > Canon My Printer
> > Canion Utilities Solutiom Menu
> > Canion Utilities Easy-PhotoPrint EX
> > Epson Printer Software
> > Google Update
> > InCD
> > Hotfix for Windows Format 11 SDK [KB929399]
> > Security Update for Windows Media Player
> > Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 [KB956390]
> > Security Update for Windows XP [KB956391]
> > Security Update for Windows XP [KB956803]
> > Security Update for Windows XP [KB956841]
> > Security Update for Windows XP [KB957095]
> > Security Update for Windows XP [KB958644]
> > Nero OEM
> > Pretty Good Solitaire version 11.0.1
> > Canon iP4500 series
> > Windows Installer Clean Up
> > Google Earth
> > Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
> > Ad-Aware

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IEconnection
"chequer" <chequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WindowsXP 2002 Pro SP3 – Office 2003 – Internet Explorer7
> Ipstar satellite connection, Transfer speed 512/256
>
> My internet connections appear to be slowing up a bit lately, so I thought
> that I would uninstall my current IE7, then reinstall it from my saved
> download of IE7.
> I didn’t get too far as I got a warning message, and I wasn’t game enough
> proceed.
> Can I install my downloaded IE7 over my current IE 7?
> Is there a program that can be used to fix it?

SNIP

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

chequer

Re: IEconnection
Thanks for your reply Frank,
I did a printout of your reply and will study it.

Things have picked up a bit this morning and one of the main problems may be
interference between my satellite modem and the satellite.
We have been having a few electrical storms lately.

Re- step 1. Can I restore the add-ons if I follow step 1?

Re- Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete.
I have no idea how to do a Back up.

Re- So How Did I Get Infected Anyway
I’ll have a look at this site
http://wwwi.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971, and see if I can
figure it out

Re Custom install
I am not clever enough to do a custom install as I don’t know what or what
are extras.

> Thanks for your reply Frank,
> I did a printout of your reply and will study it.
>
> Things have picked up a bit this morning and one of the main problems may
> be
> interference between my satellite modem and the satellite.
> We have been having a few electrical storms lately.
>
> Re- step 1. Can I restore the add-ons if I follow step 1?

Yes.

> Re- Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete.
> I have no idea how to do a Back up.
>
> Re- So How Did I Get Infected Anyway
> I’ll have a look at this site
> http://wwwi.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971, and see if I can
> figure it out
>
> Re Custom install
> I am not clever enough to do a custom install as I don’t know what or what
> are extras.

Most install programs ask if you want to do a regulat install of a custom
install.