Internet Explorer 7

Boo

Internet Explorer 7
IE7 Internet Options button in the Control Panel has to check marks and I
cannot open it help!
--
boo
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7
The Control Panel icon is supposed to have two checkmarks - they're part
of the icon.

What happens when you double-click on the icon?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Boo wrote:
> IE7 Internet Options button in the Control Panel has to check marks and I
> cannot open it help!

Boo

Re: Internet Explorer 7
It will not open and IE7 tool bar options will not open, I click it and it do
a quick flash and close. I get an error message The instruction at
"0x4373657d" referenced memory at "0x00000020"". The memory could not be
"read".
--
boo

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> The Control Panel icon is supposed to have two checkmarks - they're part
> of the icon.
>
> What happens when you double-click on the icon?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Boo wrote:
> > IE7 Internet Options button in the Control Panel has to check marks and I
> > cannot open it help!

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7
No such thing as "IE7 tool bar options".

So you're saying that when you double-click on the Internet Options icon
in Control Panel you see a flash of something followed by the message
"The instruction at..." etc. Is that correct?

What happens when you double-click on this file:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Boo wrote:
> It will not open and IE7 tool bar options will not open, I click it and it do
> a quick flash and close. I get an error message The instruction at
> "0x4373657d" referenced memory at "0x00000020"". The memory could not be
> "read".

thecreator

Re: Internet Explorer 7
Hi Boo,

Reboot and try to open it again after you rebooted. It is not IE7
Internet Options, but simply Internet Options which also effects Outlook
Express.

--
thecreator

"Boo" <Boo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE7 Internet Options button in the Control Panel has to check marks and I
> cannot open it help!
> --
> boo

Re: Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Boo wrote:
> It will not open and IE7 tool bar options will not open, I click it and it
> do a quick flash and close. I get an error message The instruction at
> "0x4373657d" referenced memory at "0x00000020"". The memory could not be
> "read".
>
>> The Control Panel icon is supposed to have two checkmarks - they're part
>> of the icon.
>>
>> What happens when you double-click on the icon?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare Humanum Est
>>
>> Boo wrote:
>>> IE7 Internet Options button in the Control Panel has to check marks and
>>> cannot open it help!

Boo

Re: Internet Explorer 7
Hi, I tried that also I scaned my computer completely and also did a registry
clean. The Brower for At&t is the one I am using but you cannot download
anything. I cannot clear the IE7 Inernet Options, when I try it pops open
and close quickly and in the Control Panel I cannot open it I was fooling
around with the settings on the tool bar and I lost some of my tabs and then
half of the tool bar since then its been a mess. Sometimes it will give me
an error message if I open IE7. It pops up also and shut down.
--
boo

"thecreator" wrote:

> Hi Boo,
>
> Reboot and try to open it again after you rebooted. It is not IE7
> Internet Options, but simply Internet Options which also effects Outlook
> Express.
>

> --
> thecreator
>
> "Boo" <Boo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > IE7 Internet Options button in the Control Panel has to check marks and I
> > cannot open it help!
> > --
> > boo

thecreator

Re: Internet Explorer 7
Hi Boo,

Have you try to uninstall this Browser through Safe Mode, if you can't
uninstall in regular mode?

When you uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 7, the process reactivates
Windows Internet Explorer 6, after a reboot.

Then reboot downloading and installing Internet Explorer 7, download
FireFox if you don't already have it.