Page last modified

Gren

Page last modified
How do I establish when any page was last modified? (Keep it simple please, I
am computer literate but don't understand code at all) TIA
--
Gren
Jim

Re: Page last modified

"Gren" <Gren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I establish when any page was last modified? (Keep it simple
> please, I
> am computer literate but don't understand code at all) TIA
> --
> Gren

XP only shows when a document was created, last opened, and last saved. It
has no concept of a page within a document as a separate entity.

Jim

Leonard Grey

Re: Page last modified
Does a "page" mean a web page? I'm guessing it does because you're
posting in a newsgroup for Internet Explorer.

Only the author of a web page and/or the webmaster (who codes the page)
know when it was last modified. If they don't tell, you won't know.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Gren wrote:
> How do I establish when any page was last modified? (Keep it simple please, I
> am computer literate but don't understand code at all) TIA

Gren

Re: Page last modified
Sorry, I should have written "webpage", I am sure I have read somewhere that
there is a string to type in the address box which then shows the date and
time the webpage was updated but can't remember where I saw it.
--
Gren

> Sorry, I should have written "webpage", I am sure I have read somewhere
> that
> there is a string to type in the address box which then shows the date and
> time the webpage was updated but can't remember where I saw it.
> --
> Gren
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>

>> "Gren" <Gren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I establish when any page was last modified? (Keep it simple
>> > please, I
>> > am computer literate but don't understand code at all) TIA
>> > --
>> > Gren

>> XP only shows when a document was created, last opened, and last saved.
>> It
>> has no concept of a page within a document as a separate entity.
>>
>> Jim

I see. My knowledge of such matters is very limited. You might see it in
IE if you tell it to view the source.
Jim

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Page last modified

"Gren" <Gren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CEE1E78-C049-4FB8-B5E2-E23734F792A9@microsoft.com...
> Sorry, I should have written "webpage",

> I am sure I have read somewhere that there is a string to type
> in the address box which then shows the date and
> time the webpage was updated but can't remember where I saw it.

Yes, there is but it is not very useful in the case of dynamic HTML.
Also, I think it may be affected by a known bug in the IE7 History
mechanism.

javascript:document.lastModified

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> --
> Gren
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>

>> "Gren" <Gren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I establish when any page was last modified? (Keep it simple
>> > please, I
>> > am computer literate but don't understand code at all) TIA
>> > --
>> > Gren

>> XP only shows when a document was created, last opened, and last saved. It
>> has no concept of a page within a document as a separate entity.
>>
>> Jim

PapaFrank

Re: Page last modified
try this javascript:alert(document.lastModified)
> Does a "page" mean a web page? I'm guessing it does because you're posting
> in a newsgroup for Internet Explorer.
>
> Only the author of a web page and/or the webmaster (who codes the page)
> know when it was last modified. If they don't tell, you won't know.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare Humanum Est
>
> Gren wrote:
>> How do I establish when any page was last modified? (Keep it simple
>> please, I am computer literate but don't understand code at all) TIA

Gren

Re: Page last modified
That's exactly what I was looking for, many thanks
--
Gren