RE: Feedback - ZIP File Problems

Leisa

RE: Feedback - ZIP File Problems
I was having the same problem as all of you mentioned. And as you mentioned I
tried to do what Flying Tiger did and change it to the "compressed folder"
but that option was not available to me. Im not sure if this will work for
anyone but it did for me. Just in case it helps: I went to start, then to
"default programs", then to "associate a file type or protocol with a
program", then I looked through all that were listed there until I found one
with a description including "compressed file" which in my case there was an
extension of "zpa" and the program used for that type of file was Meedco's
zeepe rich client. Look on your computer and see what program is used for
any type of compressed file or zipped folder besides "zip". Then I selected
or highlighted the "zip" extension and then clicked at the top on change
program. The oonly two options available were internet explorer and microsoft
word. i knew those were not correct. and nothing was available under other
programs that would work either, so i clicked on browse. It took me to
"Program Files" and I clicked on "common files" under that. At the very
bottom of those listed was a folder called "Zeepe Framework 7". Inside that
I chose the file "zeepe711.exe" and added that as the program to use to open
my zip files. And I got lucky, it works. I dont know how i happened to find
it, but am glad I did. I hope I explained this well enough for others to
understand and maybe it will help someone because I know I was really
frustrated and spent a long time trying to fix this, and I dont like to
change anything in my registry. Im just not that good with computers and not
comfortable taking that chance, so try this and I hope it helps.