tabs keep opening

SV7

tabs keep opening
I'm sure I'm not the first person to post about this, but I am in desperate
need of help with this. Every now and then when I open a few tabs on IE7,
tons of blank ones follow and make it impossible to do anything, and I must
manually shut-down IE7 and restart my computer. Is there a way to fix this?
Please help me!
Don Varnau

Re: tabs keep opening
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista?
- - -
A browser add-on may be causing this.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
- - -
This may be a malware problem (spyware, trojan, etc)
See these sites for help, including the posting of a HijackThis log to one
of the forums where HJT logs are analyzed:

The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Removing Malware:

Partial list of forums- there are others:
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

You will have to register to post to any of these forums and should look for
one or more "Important- Read this first" type messages, at whatever forum
you choose, for specific instructions.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"SV7" <SV7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm sure I'm not the first person to post about this, but I am in

desperate
> need of help with this. Every now and then when I open a few tabs on IE7,
> tons of blank ones follow and make it impossible to do anything, and I

must
> manually shut-down IE7 and restart my computer. Is there a way to fix

this?
> Please help me!

SV7

Re: tabs keep opening
its xp. thanks for the help i will get right on looking at all of your
suggestions.