Finding the temporary folder

PleaseHelpMe

Finding the temporary folder
Hey,
I recently opened a word document from a private email server and it went to
the "Temporary Folder". I accidentally used Ctrl+S and closed it without
saving it to a different location. Would anyone be able 2 tell me where/how
to find this folder?
(Ive done searches of my whole computer looking for hidden and system folders)
Thankyou
Leonard Grey

Re: Finding the temporary folder
The "Temporary Folder" is not part of Windows XP, unless you created a
folder by that name. Could you be thinking of the Temporary Internet
Files folder?

Why not just open the email again and save the attachment to a location
of your choosing?

To see the contents of the TIF folder, open Internet Explorer and go to
the General tab. From there, the instructions vary, depending on which
version of Internet Explorer you have. For example, in IE 7: click the
Browsing History - Settings button.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

PleaseHelpMe wrote:
> Hey,
> I recently opened a word document from a private email server and it went to
> the "Temporary Folder". I accidentally used Ctrl+S and closed it without
> saving it to a different location. Would anyone be able 2 tell me where/how
> to find this folder?
> (Ive done searches of my whole computer looking for hidden and system folders)
> Thankyou

ju.c

Re: Finding the temporary folder
Open the Run box and enter these commands, one at a time,
and look in the folder that's opened for the file.

(Include the quotes)

"%TEMP%"
"%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"

ju.c

"PleaseHelpMe" <PleaseHelpMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:714FCD19-038C-4307-BEA3-4CA771DF3DBF@microsoft.com...
> Hey,
> I recently opened a word document from a private email server and it went to
> the "Temporary Folder". I accidentally used Ctrl+S and closed it without
> saving it to a different location. Would anyone be able 2 tell me where/how
> to find this folder?
> (Ive done searches of my whole computer looking for hidden and system folders)
> Thankyou

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Finding the temporary folder

"PleaseHelpMe" <PleaseHelpMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:714FCD19-038C-4307-BEA3-4CA771DF3DBF@microsoft.com...
> Hey,

> I recently opened a word document from a private email server

Details?

> and it went to the "Temporary Folder". I accidentally used Ctrl+S and closed it without
> saving it to a different location.

Details?

> Would anyone be able 2 tell me where/how
> to find this folder?

If you (for example) open an E-mail in OE, opened an attachment
to that E-mail in Word, made changes to the temporary file,
then closed the Word application, then closed the E-mail window,
the temporary file would be deleted.

> (Ive done searches of my whole computer looking for hidden and system folders)

It's probably gone. The only time in the above scenario you could
have found it using those techniques would be before you closed
the E-mail window. Another case in which those techniques would
work would be closing the E-mail window while the Word application
still has the attachment file open, especially before you do the save.

> Thankyou

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---